recipe: homemade rhubarb cider in 10 easy steps.
This is an original recipe I made. It's very good, but only for sipping. Don't try glugging it :)
Homemade Rhubarb Cider in 10 EASY steps.
Rhubarb Â Enough, when chopped, to fill a blender half way. Sour rhubarb is preferred.
Â¼ c Sunny D. or non-pulp Orange Juice.
Â½ c Sugar Â Varies depending on taste. Less if the rhubarb is sweet.
1) Dice or chop rhubarb into somewhat small pieces. The smaller the better.
2) Put the chopped rhubarb into a blender. Add approximately Â¼ c Sunny D, a little more or less will not hurt anything.
*While it is easiest to only fill the blender halfway, it is not necessary and will not affect the final result.
3) Blend until chunks are gone and it turns into a sloppy liquid.
4) Line a bowl with a dishtowel or cheesecloth.
5) Pour the blended rhubarb into the cloth.
6) Carefully pick up the edges of the cloth and lift it above the bowl. Squeeze the rhubarb until almost all the juice is out of it.
7) Remove the remaining chunk from the cloth and dispose of them.
*You can repeat steps 1-7 until you run out of rhubarb.
8) Pour all of the juice into a bowl or pitcher. Mix in the sugar. Add more or less to taste. If it is too strong, add more Sunny D.
9) Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled or hot. If you plan on serving it hot, only heat it till it steams. Then remove from heat. Overexposure to eat will change the cider.
I hope you like it!