LOOKING for: Black Diamond Steak Marinade

hdphat2k3June 16, 2006

I am looking for a Black Diamond Steak Marinade. I have bought the pre-marinaded steaks from butcher shops but can not find the marinade. The marinade is jet black and kinda looks like (of all things) old motor oil.

Chris

hdphat2k3@metrocast.net

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodie2

I know Pat is pretty active on this forum, but just in case you are looking for this ASAP, here's her recipe - it is a big favorite on the cooking forum.

Pat T's BLACK DIAMOND STEAK MARINADE

2 Tblsp. oil
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 Tblsp. brown sugar
2 Tblsp. vinegar
1-1/2 tsp. ginger
Pinch of garlic powder Mix. Score steak on both sides. Marinate in above mixture 8 to 10 hours. Grill 6 to 8 minutes per side.

Bookmark   June 16, 2006 at 6:17PM
pat_t

Thanks Woodie for posting it for me. I was out of town.

BTW - I had Cracker Barrel's Chicken Tortilla soup in your honor today at lunch. YUM!

Bookmark   June 17, 2006 at 6:28PM
woodie2

I'm glad you liked the soup, Pat! The last time I was at a Cracker Barrel (several months ago) they didn't have it on the menu - they said it was seasonal and it was for the summer. I never would have thought of chicken tortilla soup as a particularly summery dish.

Bookmark   June 19, 2006 at 12:57PM
kristin43

Hi,
I also have a question about the Black Diamond Steak. I'm never sure what cut of steak to buy. What do you all recomend? Also, will it work just as well to broil it?

Bookmark   September 10, 2006 at 5:17PM
nsascott

Is this marinade actually turn the meat Jet Black before cooking?

I have also purchased a triTip from a local store (Lunardis) that comes Jet Black. They call the marinad Garlic Butter and are very protective of thier source. I have got one of the butchers to say they purchase it in a powder form.

Does any one know the source or what actually makes the meat turn Jet Black (Like motor oil as stated above)?

Any help!!

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 2:00PM
mikhen

I know this is an old thread, but while this marinade is really good, it's not the same marinade as the butcher shops use. I have been searching and trying many different versions of Black Diamond Steaks, and still can't find the right one.

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 9:26AM
harley54

I've tried everything, can't get steak to be black BEFORE I cook it!!! Tried every recipe I found. Way I hear it Black diamond was a trademarked item, when the original recipe's company went under Tyson bought it and now call it black gold. Our local restaurant supply company sells black gold steaks that are it! But all they sell is a small vacuum packed steak, not enough for me!!! I want black gold recipe to marinate a bigger steak, but so far no luck!!!!

Bookmark   February 23, 2014 at 11:52PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Christmas Cookies
Is it time to start posting Christmas Cookies yet???...
roselin32
LOOKING for: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards
Hi, I am looking for anyone that might have the "Easy...
LadyDianah
RECIPE: looking for: potato boats recipe
What are the healthy ingredients you can incorporate...
elleau
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
LOOKING for: Christmas Tree coffee cake
DH here... My mother used to make a coffee cake for...
dawninva
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™