QOTD July17th, 2011

vicky4x4July 17, 2011

Do you have any special rulers you use a lot?

I use almost exclusively Omnigrim rulers because they all measure the same. I do have a deston plate wegde that I use to make sunflower blocks.

Vicky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grammyp

Love Omnigrid and use my 6 x 18 and 6 1/2 square almost daily. I also like my June Taylor Shape Cut for strips. I have gone through 2 of them so far. I like to replace them from time to time because I feel the grooves wear and affect the accuracy of the cuts.

beverly

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 9:31AM
cannahavana

I recently started using the Omnigrip (the green ones) and I love them! I use the 8.5 square and the 8.5 x 24 all the time. I am slowly replacing all of my old rulers because they have lost their corners.

Rebecca

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 9:51AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I can pretty much do everything I need to with the Easy Rule 6 1/2" X 13" and Easy Rule Jr 3 1/2" X 9 1/2" by Sharon Hultgren. Easy to read numbers and easier on my eyes. I have other rulers and squares, but these are my daily rulers of choice.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 10:45AM
nanajayne

I have 4 that I use almost daily. Omnigrid:8"x14" (Fons & Porter), 6", 4 1/2". Quilters rule: 6 1/5", I use this one to sq. 6" blocks. If I were to choose just one it would have to be my 8"X14". Love that ruler--have 2 because I have a sm. crack in the corner of the first one and would be lost without.lol

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 12:28PM
rosajoe_gw

I use my 4X15 ruler constantly for rotary cutting. Like Beverly I love the June Taylor Shape Cut. It does seem easy to nick, I wish it lasted longer before it's time to replace it.
Rosa

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 5:29PM
More Discussions
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
2010 Birthday blocks together.
Haven't posted much lately as I had pneumonia from...
nanajayne
Showing off 2 quilts my Mom made!
She gave me this one: This one is for friends of my...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
How about a QOTD ????
What is your bestest, most favorite, the "I never...
beth7happy
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™