RECIPE: Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

woodie2June 17, 2008

I tried this new recipe and thought I'd share it since we all thought it was quite good, the whole family liked it on spinach salad.

Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

12 ounces stemmed California strawberries

3/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves

3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves

3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves

3/4 teaspoon minced garlic

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil

Granulated sugar, if needed

Puree strawberries in blender or processor. Transfer to bowl. Add dried herbs, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; whisk thoroughly. Whisk in vinegar. While whisking, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Adjust seasoning with salt and/or pepper, and balance flavors with a small amount of sugar, if needed.

Makes about 2 1/4 cups.

Recipe provided courtesy California Strawberry Commission. ©2003 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roselin32

Sounds good to me Woodie but am not sure I could convince my dear husband to try it. I made his favorite wilted lettuce salad for Father's Day so he is good for a bit. Will ask him and see what he says. He's not really big on fruit in his salads. Sound like anyone you know??
RL`

Bookmark   June 17, 2008 at 4:57PM
woodie2

RL, I'd love to know how you make your wilted lettuce salad. Yep, your DH sounds like somebody I know, haha.

I had Good Seasons on the table for Ken, LOL, but he took a real chance and tried the strawberry vinaigrette. He actually liked it and I am still in shock, LOL. However, I know he won't be having it again tonight - back to Good Seasons (and yes, I do have a nice homemade sherry vinaigrette also in the fridge but he just really likes that Good Seasons).

Bookmark   June 17, 2008 at 6:03PM
roselin32

Woodie, I fry up about 6 slices of bacon and crumble them.
Tear up leaf lettuce and slice green onions.
Using the bacon drippings, I add 2T sugar,3T red wine vinegar, and a beaten egg. Cook til thickened and toss all together. It's really an easy salad.........and my FIL love this even though he didn't care for salads. Liked to come up here because he knew I would make it for him.
RL`

Bookmark   June 17, 2008 at 7:41PM
becky_ca

Yum! We love the spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette and strawberries, so this sounds like something that we'd really like. And I'm always looking for new recipes to try using our local strawberries. Thanks for sharing :-)

Becky

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 8:52AM
sayhellonow

This sounds terrific to me, Woodie. Thank you - I think my BF will love it!

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 11:27AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Help! Flan
Friend from Dominican Republic served and gave me this...
glenda_al
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
RECIPE: Sauce for Meat
Years ago my Grandmother use to do a lot of canning....
darrah
LOOKING for: Christmas Tree coffee cake
DH here... My mother used to make a coffee cake for...
dawninva
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™