wi-sailor- some trash pullout pics for you.

badgergalApril 5, 2013

Couldnt respond to your email directly so am posting here too. Yes, I am a fellow Wisconsinite. I have read many of your posts. So sorry to hear about the cabinet paint difficulties.
I am not much of a DYI person so I am sorry to say that I have no idea whether the rev-a-motion trash pullout can be retrofitted the way you want to do it or not. I am attaching some pictures so you can see how mine is installed. Not sure how adjustable the sliding mechanism is. The inside of my cabinet measures 22-3/4 inches from the back wall to the front edge.
I guess if you were going to have some kind of interior piece with a handle you'd have to have a little extra cabinet depth to accommodate it.
Perhaps the more knowledgable people on the forum could tell you if it can be done with that rev-a-shelf model or you could try talking to someone in constomer service at Rev-A-Shelf. Otherwise I guess you could just use one of their other pullout models that aren't attached to a door. Doesn't look like they are the motion ones but I think they do have the soft close feature.
All that being said I am happy with the system I have. It works well even with my cabinet pull mounted vertically on the door.
Hope you can figure it out. Good luck on the rest of your remodel.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wi-sailorgirl

Thank you so much Badgergal! This is really helpful! I'll have to check my settings to make sure I have the email option turned on.

Again, it's much appreciated.

Bookmark   April 5, 2013 at 12:30PM
More Discussions
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
WWYD with this area?
This area was designated as "dog cubbie"...
debrak_2008
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Pot filler, Gooseneck or Pullout over Prep sink
I’ve searched the internet for similar topics but...
Gemcap
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™