LOOKING for: Chicken with gorgonzola sauce?

linnea56June 30, 2010

Saw this frozen at Trader JoeÂs, and it seemed like a good idea, that I could make myself. Any ideas?

Theirs had grilled sliced chicken, sliced portabella mushrooms, red peppers: the "sauce" shown in the package did not look saucy, more like just finely chopped cheese in a milky "something" that was just coating the other ingredients. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

1 pkg Knorr's three cheese sauce mix
2 cups milk
3 garlic cloves jarred crushed not minced
6 ounces Gorgonzola crumbles

In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, whisk together white sauce mix and milk. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to simmer and add minced garlic and Gorgonzola crumbles. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes as sauce thickens; remove from heat. garnish with chopped fresh parsley.

Know certain members will thumb their nose at using a sauce mix but the sauce works for ME and those that I have served it to.

I use it with an gnocchi chicken recipe.

Bookmark   June 30, 2010 at 4:59PM
ann_t

It is easy to make a sauce without using mixes.

Just make a white sauce/Bechamel, season with a little minced garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in the gorgonzola.

Saute the mushrooms and julienned red pepper and add to the sauce along with your grilled chicken.

You will probably want to add some minced Italian parsley and you could also add some fresh grated Parmesan cheese to the sauce along with the Gorgonzola.

Ann

Bookmark   June 30, 2010 at 8:12PM
linnea56

It turned out just great! Thanks!

Bookmark   July 1, 2010 at 11:08PM
ann_t

What did you end up doing Linnea56?

Ann

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 9:45PM
linnea56

I did it like you suggested. Cheese sauce mix would be a useful shortcut, but I didn't have any. The white sauce was a bit bland so I added extra garlic, garlic salt, and almost half a pound of Gorgonzola. Then added about 1/4 cup of parmesan. That did it! The chicken I "grilled" on my small George Foreman grill, as my "real" grill is not working. I marinated it first in lemon juice, lemon pepper, paprika, and Italian herbs. The portabella mushrooms gave it a lot of flavor, too. I wrote up the recipe for my files, if anyone wants it.

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 1:19AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Oven Canned Tomatoes
Since 1974 I've used this recipe to process/can my...
CrazyHorse2
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
RECIPE: Canning Recipe procedure
This may sound dumb but how tight should the lid on...
KenWade
LOOKING for: Christmas Tree coffee cake
DH here... My mother used to make a coffee cake for...
dawninva
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™