Dave still around this forum?

redcurlsJune 13, 2011

I know people come and go, but there are a couple of "old" regulars I haven't seen lately. Dave D for one...I always enjoyed his insight. Tricia is another. Am I just dropping by at the wrong times and missing them, or have they moved on?

Is this Off Topic?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deee_gw

Triciae still posts o the cooking forum occasionally. I'm not sure why she stopped posting here.

Dave's whereabouts is a mystery too.

Qdwag used to posted often and he disappeared a while ago.

I hope no one is ill.

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 8:18AM
popeda

I don't know why Dave doesn't post here any longer, but I am fairly sure this link is his. Maybe his advice is no longer free. Can't blame him.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dave Donhoff

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 2:39PM
redcurls

Oh, I wasn't wanting advice. I just enjoyed reading his input and wondered about his family. It just touched me so when his infant daughter passed.....

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 3:26PM
graywings123

There may be something more going on with Dave, I'm afraid. I contacted him about utilizing him for some financial advice, uploaded tons of info to him, had a phone interview . . . and then nothing. I waited and waited and finally contacted him and he wrote back that he was having computer difficulty. That was six months ago and I never heard from him again.

Pure speculation here, but maybe there is some personal issue going on following the family tragedy he experienced.

I have seen posts from him on the Motley Fool website.

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 8:54AM
sparksals

Sorry to come into this late. There was a time long ago that a misunderstanding occurred that made it impossible for Dave to post here. I wonder if that happened again?

Bookmark   July 20, 2011 at 4:30PM
marge727

I haven't looked on this website for a long time. It was interesting when everyone was remodeling or building. Then somehow the posts changed and were less interesting and some got nasty and personal. I think that many of us have gone on to other forums and social networks that are more rewarding.
Dave was always so informative and helpful. I also think these forums would have been a real success if it was easier to upload photos. Also one of the things that hurt it was the tech problems where it took forever to load. We have a T-1 and it should not have taken long.

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 8:10PM
triciae

I am here!

I've had serious health issues since July 09. Have recently been accepted at John Hopkins so praying & hoping.

Our market's awful here also. Pricing is hard 'cause like many places there haven't been sales in over a year.

Anyway, thanks for asking...I'm still around.

/tricia

Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 9:24PM
redcurls

Good to hear from you Tricia...hope things go well for you. I used to work at a school that was a block away from Johns Hopkins. Their reputation is well deserved...I know many people they've helped.

Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 10:46PM
guvnah

triciae! I can't tell you how many times I've thought about that beautiful house you were looking at & wondering whatever happened to it & you. I am sorry to hear that you've been ill & I hope that things get better.

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 4:59PM
cmarlin20

Hi Tricia, we've all been missing you.

Praying all will be good.

Miss hearing about your house fun...

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 9:01PM
More Discussions
escrow account for a repair
We received an offer on our house! The house is priced...
karin_2009
Realtor company fee
Buyer agent told me there is $300 fee to realtor company....
net42k
Home Buyers Please Vote: Would you rather ...
1. A $2,000 kitchen appliance allowance or any stainless...
belfastbound
Best time to List a House
Is there a best time to list a house for sale? We have...
hayden2
Driving A U-Haul, Towing A Vehicle Transporter
Well after all the looking and reading we have decided...
splais
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™