RECIPE: Grab-and-Go Breakfast Bars
Grab-and-Go Breakfast Bars
Makes 16 Bars
1 cup MomÂs BestÂ® Naturals Quick Oats
1 cup MomÂs BestÂ® Naturals Toasted Wheat-fulsÂ
1 cup walnuts
1 1/2 cups dried fruit (we use a combination of dried apricots, dried plums, and dried cranberries)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large omega-3 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Â¼ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Lightly oil or coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Place the oats, Wheat-fuls, walnuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped (the dried fruit should be the size of a dried pea or lentil).
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, and vanilla. Add the oatmeal mixture and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
4. Transfer to the baking pan and flatten down gently with the back of a spoon or spatula to spread evenly.
5. Bake about 18 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and the bars are done. Let bars cool completely in pan before slicing and serving.
TIP: These bars freeze really well. So, if you have leftovers, wrap individual portions in plastic baggies or aluminum foil and freeze.
Nutrition Information per Serving: 150 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated, 0.7g omega-3), 85mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Recipes by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD
Authors, The Moms' Guide to Meal Makeovers