Mood Board partial success

Holly- KayMay 14, 2014

I am trying this if it works I have a few comments.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Holly- Kay

First, thank you all for making suggestions on programs that are easy to work with. I tried many but Chispa had the winning suggestion. Paint was so easy to use. Thanks so much Chispa!

The Madeline blue quilt and shams arrived yesterday and I am pleased with how nice the quality is. The mood board and on-line pics show the white as a brighter white when IRL it is a very creamy white. I love it! Thank you Mtn for posting the Madeline. I saw it months ago and loved it then but had forgotten about it.

The mirrors are ordered and should arrive tomorrow. I think they will look nice with the other elements of the room and they were inexpensive so if I ever find a mate to my DM mirror I won't feel bad giving them to DD.

I have searched endlessly and can't find anything that I like as much as the Kells lamp. I did see a few that were ivory crackle finish that would tone the formal vibe down a bit and I truly liked them but I love the Kells. The one issue with the Kells is that the bottom diameter of the shade is as large as the one I have there now so I may need to search for a square shade for it.

The curtains that I posted are lovely however they only come in 98" or 108" length. I only have 8 foot ceilings so to make the curtains work I would have to hire a seamstress to shorten them. They are less than $300 a panel on sale but with the added labor cost of a seamstress it makes me think that custom drapes wouldn't be much more costly.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 7:29PM
mlweaving_Marji

Glad Paint worked for you. I think I mentioned that I used it before I he'd my Mac. Unfortunately they don't make Paint for a Mac. It is very easy to use.
Love the vibe you've got in your room, as I tend to more rather than less formal too. Coming together nicely.
Re hemming, check w your dry cleaner to see if they hem. Old fashioned Indy dry cleaners still offer repair and hem services, and they're usually the most economical option around.
A drapery hem is the easiest straightest hem there is.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 7:50PM
Holly- Kay

Marji, thank you so much for the suggestion. I am going to make some calls tomorrow if I have time. I really love the panels.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 8:27PM
Fun2BHere

I had some rod pocket panels hemmed and pleated and the charge was only $25 per panel at a sewing work room.

I found rectangular shades to be a great shape for lamps to be placed on a shallow piece of furniture against a wall. I looked up lamp repair on Yelp! and found one that also sold lamp shades. Using a local vendor allowed me to take my lamp in and try different shades to find the shape, size and color that I liked best.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 10:11PM
oldbat2be

Holly-Kay - congrats on the moodboard; I think your choices look great together!

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 11:33PM
Holly- Kay

Thanks OB2B!

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 10:42PM
More Discussions
Help with floor plan - change keeping room to kitchen or dining?
I'd appreciate feedback on my modifications to the...
juddgirl2
When do bronze window frames work well in the interior of a home?
I'm replacing single plane aluminum windows. My interior...
texasgal47
Best mirror for misaligned light and faucet?
The light over our bathroom sink is not centered over...
amj0517
TV show Perception set decor
If you haven't watched the show, it's a good one. But...
Annie Deighnaugh
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™