1909 Arts & Crafts Home
My family owns a 1909 Arts & Crafts style home that is to be sold. I disagree with some of the realtor's recommendations for sale, and I would really appreciate your input.
1) Shouldn't we get the opinion of more than 1 realtor?
2)There are hardwood maple floors. Generally, they are in fairly good condition, but do need refinishing. The realtor suggested covering with carpeting.
3) There are a limited number of storm windows (the old variety), probably less than 1/2 the windows. The house is peeling and needs painting. The realtor suggested that the existing storms be painted and installed.
4) According to the realtor, if the house does not have 10 showings in one month, the house should be discounted by $10,000 every month until sold. (SE Wisconsin market, 45 mins from Milwaukee)
5) The house is 2600 sq ft, 5 bedrooms, 3 stairways, stained glass, including 3 huge windows on the staircase landing, oak woodwork throughout, on over an acre w/barn, hardwoods, perennials, tile fireplace w/cherry surround, 2 full baths, 2.5 car garage, beautiful oak built-in hutch in dining room, large walk-in attic, full basement, new furnace 1984, new septic 1993, new water heater less than 5 years ago, front porch, built-in glass doored cabinet in kitchen, built-in linen closet in upstairs hallway, pantry in kitchen, huge fenced-in area off of barn. Realtor is suggesting a price of $149,000 after installing a new roof, painting interior, repairing toilets, new garage door, repair of garage wall, and above repairs.
5) I have to give my opinion asap, so if you have any info or opinion, I would appreciate your input asap.
Thx very much