FSBO/agent open house

weedyacresJune 8, 2011

If you do a flat fee MLS listing, and thus are not represented by an agent, can you still have an open house for agents? Would they come? How would one work out the logistics/communication for it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terriks

Sure you can do a broker only open house. I suggest that you serve food (agents are hungry!). ;)
You could print up flyers and distribute them to every RE office in your area. You could probably also find many agent's email addresses by looking on their company websites.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 1:02PM
dreamgarden

"If you do a flat fee MLS listing, and thus are not represented by an agent, can you still have an open house for agents? Would they come?"

I would be very surprised if they didn't.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 1:06PM
jboling_gw

When I sold our last home (successfully by owner in two months), we were flat fee-listed and I held an open house for agents. I emailed probably 200 agents in my area (and let them know I'd have refreshments!). This was in 2007, right before the housing market completely crashed. I was offering a three percent buyer's agent commission on a home priced in the high $400s.

One agent showed up. And she didn't eat anything. :-)

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 3:06PM
jboling_gw

I should have added to my post above that, despite the poor response to the last time I tried an agent open house, I'm going to try it again. We're flat fee-listed on our current home, planning to lower the price soon. I'll do it then. The only way to sell a home in this market is to work hard at it. Good luck.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 3:12PM
More Discussions
Seller not allowing final walk-through before closing
Hi, I am struggling with a strange situation in my...
musicgold
Negative connotation of listing "As is"?
I'll try to put our situation as simply as possible: We...
pinkpaula
For those of you who have swapped out your brass hardware....
For those of you who have swapped out your brass hardware,...
Lizzie
CO inspections...and other issues/questions
Son is buying a 1951 home. Inspector noticed the top...
cindywhitall
Driving A U-Haul, Towing A Vehicle Transporter
Well after all the looking and reading we have decided...
splais
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™