QOTD July12th

vicky4x4July 12, 2011

Do you have a special thread you like to use for quilting?

I know a lot of people don't like it but I almost always use Coats and Clark... I don't have the problems some have and it is cheapest.

Vicky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bonica

Whether it's hand quilting or machine quilting I always use C&C. I have strayed occasionally but I always come right back quickly. I've never found any thread as reliable as C&C.
Bon
:)

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 7:24AM
msmeow

I use mostly C&C, too. It's easily obtainable from JoAnn's and it works fine in both my machines.

Donna

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 9:11AM
quiltpartner

I pretty much use only Guttermann & Mettler. I like their range of colors better than anyone else's. I tried Connecting Threads once & found it a little too heavy.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 9:36AM
teresa_nc7

Check out Long Creek Mills threads! I use the same thread for piecing and quilting with never a problem. Now I see they have long arm thread also.

I got cones of white and natural 100% cotton thread - I may never run out.
Teresa

Here is a link that might be useful: Long Creek Mills

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 9:49AM
sandlapper_rose

My machine likes Mettler so I try to use that. It's always good to have a happy machine! Second best results are with Gutermann. I use Sulky for embroidery.
I really don't like to use invisible thread. I have made decisions not to sign up for some classes where the teacher requires you to use invisible thread.
Interesting discussion.
Jeanne

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 9:54AM
bozogardener

I usually use Coats and Clark, although I have had to discard a few spools that refused to work in my machine. If Gutermann is on sale, I will stock up a little with that.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 11:18AM
cannahavana

C&C for hand piecing and hand quilting. Connecting Threads in my machine.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 11:19AM
fran1523

I use C&C and Connecting Threads for piecing. They both work just fine in my machine. For quilting I use whatever I find for the color I want. I tend to use a lot of variegated thread so get whatever brand meets my needs.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 12:07PM
nanajayne

I have different kinds and not too fussy. I like Connecting threads but it is a little heavier then I like sometimes. I have some Long Creek Mills that I picked up when I was in Gastonia and like it. I like using cones as there is less changing. I am using up my big stash of C&C when I can. They are smaller spools and take up too much room. I piece and quilt on the machine with the same thread but use hand quilting thread when I quilt by hand. Use which ever is available and the color I want.
On the serger I only use Maxi Lock.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 1:54PM
More Discussions
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
Fun idea, but need help.
I am an occasional, novice, quilter and am making a...
beteacher
2015 February Block Lotto
(posting this a bit early so you can get a head start...
toolgranny
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™