Moenstone Granite sink

snigelApril 14, 2014

My kitchen undermount Moenstone Granite sink split and will need replaced. Moen discontinued these and has no replacements. Does anyone know where we should check for possible inventory on these? We will have a major project and possibly have to replace the granite counters if we cannot find the exact sink. I have already checked amazon, ebay and craigslist. Any other suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Trebruchet

snigel:

I recently replaced a cheap stainless steel sink with a nice Franke granite for a customer. The cut-out didn't match perfectly, but it was surprisingly not that big a deal.

Measure your cut-out and you'll know what you're up against when sink shopping. Granite sink openings can be made larger and polished on site without too much expense.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 12:35PM
Trebruchet

This customer didn't want to spend the money to have his cut-out enlarged to match the sink, so the rear reveals don't match the sides and the deck overhangs a bit too much at the faucet curve.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 1:47PM
snigel

This is my sink--see the left side cracked. Odd shape to have to fit. We went to showrooms today and it looks like if I want to keep undercounter mount, then I'm faced with replacing the granite because the sales people could not find anything that the granite could be cut bigger to fit. Or, I found one sink that we could trim back the curve in the back and drop in a top mount with a rim above the granite hole. Any other ideas? Or, places to try for a Moenstone sink this shape?

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 8:19PM
Trebruchet

I'd slap some fiberglas on the bottom of that sink to stop the leak until I was ready to remodel.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 4:59PM
cappyc

Snigel
Any luck with the sink I am in the same boat as you??

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 4:45PM
cheysula

These sinks had something like a 15 year warranty... Is your sink under warranty?

Bookmark   February 3, 2015 at 3:40PM
More Discussions
How To Buy a Faucet
Ive lurked and IÂve learned a lot from GardenWeb....
francesca_sf
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
G-web joining houzz, what do you think?
Not sure how I feel about it, haven't really enjoyed...
cluelessincolorado
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™