Locating Replacement Hinges for 1978 Era Kitchen Cabinets

Tom1042April 2, 2013

Can someone help me locate replacement hinges for my kitchen cabinets? I have some broken self closing hinges on my cabinets and cannot identify the brand. They are inset type bronze finish. The photo shows a logo and patent number.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

I think you can still find these. Have you tried BB stores? Ebay maybe?

I feel like you should be able to find something darn close without too much trouble.

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 12:05PM
artemis78

Yes, you can still get these. They're usually called partial inset hinges or lipped hinges. The key is measuring each of the sides of the corner piece accurately so that you know what size you need--they tend to come in combinations of 1/2" or 3/8" but sometimes in other sizes as well. If you have a weird size it can be a challenge (I had to get ours on eBay finally...and then we ended up not reusing our cabinets, augh!) but if yours are only 35 years old they'll probably be in one of the more standard sizes.

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 12:35PM
stacieann63

I have the same hinges, I think ours were 3/8". We found them at Lowe's. We replaced the our brass or bronze with the nickel finish. The holes for the exposed part of the hinge fit perfectly. However, the 3 holes on the inside of the door did not match up and we had to drill new. Luckily, the hinge did cover the existing holes so they are not seen, nor had to be filled. I think Lowes only had 2 different sizes. I did look on Ebay and different sites, but did not find a perfect match.

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 1:08PM
More Discussions
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™