recipe: recipe: kani salad
Quick and easy recipe. Great for summer time.
Serves 1 person
2 Tablespoons Mayo (light or fat free mayo is great for cutting calories)
2-5 dashes your favorite hotsauce (less if its really spicy more if its mild)
1 small cucumber
2 imitation crab sticks
1. Mix mayo and hot sauce together in a small bowl.
2. Skin the cucumber and chop in half length-wise.
3. Scoop out and discard all the seeds and the mushy parts that hold the seeds.
4. Chop remaining cucumber parts in half and slice into little sticks. Aim for about the size of a wooden match stick.
5. Remove crab sticks from packaging and wash under running water.
6. Place cucumber sticks in mayo mixture and shred crab sticks by hand over the cucumber.
7. Toss together and coat all ingredients well.
OPTIONAL: If you can find them, you can add about a tablespoon of masago or tobiko which are tiny reddish orange fish roe common in sushi.