I did such a dumb thing...

loisflanJune 30, 2012

So I'm making my pineapple quilt, and I'm on my fourth pineapple (so you think I'd know better). I cut out the ring of fusible and proceeded to fuse it to the front of the pineapple, not the back. It wouldn't be so bad if the pineapple were a solid piece of fabric. No... it's a braid pieced with nine different fabrics. I've plenty of fabric, so I'm lucky there, but am I ever angry with myself. I know we all make mistakes, but this was a costly one - timewise. I cut the new pieces out, but I'm going to bed now. One mistake per day is enough.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K8Orlando

Put it in the freezer for a few minutes and you may be able to peel the fusible off! It's worth a try.

Bookmark   June 30, 2012 at 11:58PM
magothyrivergirl

Lois~I feel your pain! What kind of fusible did you finally buy for this? I don't think you will ever be able to remove the adhesive completely because it is deeply fused into the fibers. Make another one!:~) But keep the ruined one~~recut, removing the outer fused ring, leaving a clean smaller pineapple to use on the back or as a fantastic label for your quilt.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 8:29AM
rosajoe_gw

Lois,
After all of the many times I have sewn on bindings I sewed the mitered corners down wrong WHY????? I had to take them apart and thank goodness I was able to make them look OK.

All I can think of as an excuse is, we are human - I'm very human lol - my dumb mistakes prove it.

Kate's may work if not I like Marsha's suggestion!

ehow says it will come off
Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: removingFusable

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 1:30PM
loisflan

Thanks, Kate and Rosa. I tried all your suggestions, and nothing worked, so I took Marsha's advice. Cut off the fusible and I have a little pineapple to use in a scrap quilt or a label or who knows what.

Marsha, I'm sorry I don't know the name of the fusible I finally bought. It was also a light weight product, but they said it was a little "heavier" than the Heat and Bond Feather Weight. There is no name on the piece I have but it's only 12" wide. Maybe that will identify it. It is working well -- too well in the case of my ruined pineapple.

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 12:35AM
More Discussions
Are you quilting this weekend? March 20-22
I hope to spend a lot of time in my sewing room this...
lindaoh_gw
damascusannie
Would you mind sharing your links for the old Singer...
csackett
Latest for my neighbor
Made this for my good neighbor who keeps our driveway...
nanajayne
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
need help with big stitch quilting
Hi. I was sure that I had started a post about this...
day2day
Sponsored Products
Monolith Table Lamp by SONNEMAN Lighting
$400.00 | Lumens
Mirror Image Copper Leaf Seaweed I
Beyond Stores
Remer by Nameeks N83BUS Single Handle Pull Out Kitchen Faucet - REMER N83BUS
$612.98 | Hayneedle
'Boots at the Door' Canvas Wall Art
$13.99 | zulily
Quoizel Cloverdale 4-Light 22" Wide Cocoa Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Normann Copenhagen | One Step Up Bookcase
YLiving.com
Musical Chairs´┐Ż Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Kid Essentials - Music &
$255.95 | Bellacor
Habersham Oxford 60 x 14 Buffet
LuxeDecor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™