The Builder Depot

motherof3sonsApril 17, 2012

Has anyone order tile from this company?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
epressler

I ordered samples of the Carrara marble basketweave. I was very impressed with the quality and feel of the tile. We didn't end up using it though due to a change of plans, but am thinking about it for a future project. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 8:25PM
64reno64

I ordered from them and I have the say that the quality of the samples was better than the marble in my order. I suppose its fine, but you get what you pay for. Its nothing special. Im kicking myself for not buying it from WZ on sale when I had the chance. Ordering and shipping went smoothly.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 9:11AM
msl511

I had pretty much the exact same experience as designnov. The samples were beautiful. The marble in the order, supposedly from the exact same set of marble, wasn't quite as nice. Not so bad I quite felt like I could complain, since after all, marble is a natural product and you can't expect every tile to be exactly the same, but still. Let's put it this way, if, in fact the samples really are from the same batch or run or whatever it's called as the stuff they send, then I think they go through pretty carefully and pull the prettiest to use as samples.

I agree that ordering, shipping and any other dealings with the company went just fine.

So I have 2 bathroom floors that are ok and very reasonably priced, just not quite as nice as I was hoping. I will say that the quality difference is much more noticeable in the bathroom where I did big 12x12 tiles than in the bathroom where I have much smaller tiles in a herringbone pattern.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 7:11PM
motherof3sons

Thank you for the feedback. The pricing is very attractive, however, i am tired of being disappointed and shall stick with my local dealer.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 10:42PM
positano

I got my bathroom floor tile from Builder's Depot Direct. Not sure if it's the same place, but I was extremely happy with the quality and price. I got the 1 inch hex marble for $10.95 a sf. I dealt with Dave and he was so helpful and answered all my questions I had promptly by email.

Everything was packaged perfectly and not one piece was chipped or broken.

I am not totally done with the bath yet, but here are a couple of shots.
From Bathroom Renovation

From Bathroom Renovation

From Bathroom Renovation

Here is a link that might be useful: Builder's Depot Direct Marble hex

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 5:32AM
More Discussions
What wall oven under $2500 do you have and love?
What single wall oven <$2500 do you have and love?...
enzaenza
Prep sink location
After a lot of talking on another thread, I took sena01...
Jennifer Weinman
Need floorplan advice/help
Hello everyone! Looking for floorplan advice on our...
K L
Old, Deep Cast Iron Sink or New Sink? I can't decide
Hello, would love to hear from those of you who have...
Cindy McMahon
Anyone used solid surface backsplash with granite countertops?
I am considering doing full backsplash in Corian (or...
Carol Vesier
Sponsored Products
Barcee Builders Wall Art
$269.00 | FRONTGATE
Pink LEGO 12-Oz. Water Bottle
$9.99 | zulily
Bright Blue LEGO Chima Lunch Set
$13.99 | zulily
42'' Builder Plus Ceiling Fan by Emerson Fans
$99.00 | Lumens
50'' Pro Series II Ceiling Fan by Emerson Fans
$117.00 | Lumens