LOOKING for: What is your best recipe for -

pink_warm_mama_1April 6, 2008

pizza crust. I have one that tastes all right, but it sticks so badly, I don't use it any more. Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

For one 12 inch crust.
2/3 cup of warm water, with 1 package of instant yeast and 2 teaspoons of sugar.
When it gets foamy, telling you the yeast is working, add 1 cup of flour and beat well....
Add 1 teaspoon of salt, stir
Add 1T olive oil and stir
Then add another 2/3 cup of flout mix and turn out onto a board and knead, adding up to 1/4 cup more flour if necessary to keep it from sticking.
Cover with a bowl and let rest for 10 to 20 minute, shape as desired.
Linda C

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 6:55PM
roselin32

I use 2 1/4 tsp yeast or one packet
2 cups flour + additional flour to make a stiff dough and knead
1 tsp sugar
1 T olive oil
1 tsp salt
Mix well and add more flour to make a stiff dough.......
turn onto a floured surface, cover with a towel and let rest for 10 minutes. Knead til smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl,cover with towel and let rise til double.
Punch down and press into a greased 12" pizza pan. Top with sauce and bake in 425° til crust is nicely browned. Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
Haven't had "store bought" since I learned to make my own crust years ago. Have fun.
RL`

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 7:51PM
lindac

Roselin? No water? Out side of that it's the same as mine.
Linda C

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 9:03PM
melonpocky

What kind of crust are you looking for?

I have found that the best *best!* dough is made over the course of at least a day of cold fermentation in the fridge. The last time I made crust I let it ferment in the fridge for three days, and on the third I made a fresh batch and combined the two. It made the best *best!* pizza dough in the world (if you like a chewy, soft-on-the-inside light-and-crisp-on-the-outside crust). The result is a dough that is slightly tacky but not at all sticky and it tosses really well.

True, it's not the most time-saving method, but it tastes amazing and is worth waiting for.

The recipe I used from 101 Cookbooks blog

Bookmark   April 7, 2008 at 12:23AM
roselin32

Thanks for pointing that out to me........yes, there is one cup of warm water. I like to add some basil or oregano to my crust sometimes too. Adds a nice flavor.
RL`

Bookmark   April 7, 2008 at 8:48AM
disneyginger

I eyeball this.

1 tablespoon of yeast in 1 cup of warm water until it foams.
3 to 4 cups of all purpose flour. I swear that King Arthur is better, but it is up to you.
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 cup of olive oil.

Put the dry ingredients into a food process with the dough blade. Give it all a whirl to mix it all up. Then, add the yeast, the oil and 1 cup more of very warm water.

Let it all come together pulsing until it sticks into a ball.

Dump the ball out on a very lightly floured board, cover with a warm damp all cotton tea towel and walk away for about an hour.

Start the stretching and you can make a hand stretched pizza dough. You can take the easy way out and just hand press it into an olive oil greased jelly roll pan and stretch it to fit with a lip of crust.

Top as you like.

If you're hand stretching and putting on a pizza stone, it will bake at 500 degrees in a short 10 minutes or so. If you're doing the jelly roll pressed in crust, it will take about 20 minutes at 450.

Bookmark   April 7, 2008 at 4:09PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: elephant garlic recipes?
i grew a bunch and now i don't know what to do with...
mollyjanea
RECIPE: Christmas Cookies
Think we are late getting this one started this year...
roselin32
RECIPE: Canning Recipe procedure
This may sound dumb but how tight should the lid on...
KenWade
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
RECIPE: Green Tomato Cake
This was really good! Green Tomato Cake 199 reviews...
iris_gal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™