RECIPE: Fear of entertaining/cooking for others. Solutions?

bnicebkindApril 18, 2007

Please refer to post on entertainment forum...For those of you who love to cook, do any of you have a fear/phobia of entertaining/cooking for others in your home who are friends or acquaintances? For those who have overcome such a fear, how did you do so? Please answer on entertainment/cooking forum.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

I think this probably has been answered at Entertaining so I'll just put my answer here. I don't fear serving people food. Everyone I entertain is a friend & I often don't use tried & true recipes. Most of the time they turn out well.

Friends are not going to hate you or make fun of you if something doesn't turn out well. Don't get too complicated & do recipes that can mostly be made ahead until you're more comfortable. Anyone who gives you a hard time over something that doesn't turn out too well is not anyone you want to have anything to do with anyway, right? Would you do that to someone else? I didn't think so.

Simple recipes prepared with good ingredients won't be snubbed, just don't do anything over your head until you're more confident.

Bookmark   April 23, 2007 at 3:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roselin32

I agree with what Ginger said........when we first started entertaining a friend of mine told me to invite only people I wanted to have in my home and at first, make things you have made before and are confident in making. After a few times, I started trying new recipes on company and never had a problem. It can be fun or it can be a chore.....whatever you make it.

Bookmark   April 23, 2007 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: mamma mia's (west allis wi) homemade garlic bread
Hello All, and Happy New Year!!! My wife and I grew...
azstoneconsulting
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
RECIPE: looking for: potato boats recipe
What are the healthy ingredients you can incorporate...
elleau
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
RECIPE: Looking for a few ideas
My husband and I are invited to a neighborhood party...
dspen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™