LOOKING for: easy rigatoni recipe?

chery2April 28, 2008

I already have the sauce w/ sausage made. Now I boil the pasta, cool, and stuff w/ sausage, cover w/ cheese? Am I missing something?

chery2

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

Don't think so. I cover mine when I bake it.

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 4:56PM
chase_gw

chery, not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve but any stuffed pasta should have sauce on it before baking or it will be horribly dry, even with cheese.

You need to stuff the pasta (rigatoni, bless you dear you are more patient than I! )then cover the stuffed pasta with a layer of sauce then top with cheese before baking.

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 6:03PM
chery2

Thanks all. I read two recipes on the bag of a bag, and two more on the back of a box. Neither said anything about stuffing. So I didn't. Ended up mixing cheeses and sausage sauce and sour cream [don't like ricotta] and some of my fresh basil w/ cooked pasta, covering it, and baking it. Turned out ok, I guess. DH said he thought the stuffing was for bigger pasta -- like Ziti? Don't think I'll make it again. Would rather use good sauce w/ spaghetti or lasagne.
For dessert, I made a chocolate-pudding pie. It had plenty of time to set up, but. . . didn't. Used 1% milk. Could that be the reason? What should I do now with the gloppy chocolate mess? I couldn't use dry milk in it, could I? Chocolate crumbs? Cereal? It was instant pudding, so I couldn't re-cook it. Any ideas?
chery2

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 11:19AM
marilyn_sue

I don't know how you would stuff ziti? Maybe manicotti, not sure, I think you maybe could layer all including sauce and cover with foil and bake till bubbly, then add cheese to the top uncovered and bake until the cheese is melted. Now the pudding pie, how much milk did you add to the pudding mix. For a pie you don't use as much as you do for pudding. It usually tells the amount on the side of the box. Scrape out the pudding and fold it into Whipped Topping maybe? Or just spoon and eat. Hope it turns out well for you. Let us know.

Sue

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 5:33PM
chery2

Thanks for the pie solution, Sue. I took the chicken's way out and FROZE the blasted thing. It has the almost exact consistency of a fudgesicle. It's barely edible, but w/ the nuts and choc chips, my GDs will LOVE IT!
CHERY2

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 2:47PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
LOOKING for: how to use peaches
somebody just gave 60 huge beautiful peaches BUT I...
ginnier
RECIPE: Sauce for Meat
Years ago my Grandmother use to do a lot of canning....
darrah
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
RECIPE: Looking for: Date Nut Bread Recipe
I've tried a few recipes and have often been disappointed....
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™