My Latest Charity Quilt

pirate_girlJune 22, 2013

Hi Everybody,

Here's the latest charity quilt I've made, from scraps & leftovers of prior charity quilts. I call it Crazy Cats Cavalcade.

shot outside, on the grass

some turquoise & red together in the same print, that was a challenge to work with

Gosh, none of those are quite in focus, sorry about that:

Hopefully, these are better

fun prints, upbeat & happy to work with

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennifer_in_va

A very cute quilt! and very thrifty of you to reuse charity quilt leftovers!

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 7:04PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

That's cute and great job of using the scraps from the charity quilts for another charity quilt.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 8:55PM
day2day

Very nice.
Great use of leftovers.
TFS.

~Geraldine

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 7:07AM
magothyrivergirl

Interesting use for all the spare blocks and pieces - we should all use up our "extras" for charity quilts, especially theme fabric and blocks. Someone is going to love the kitties! It is very cute and fun!

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 10:41AM
littlehelen_gw

Very cute quilt!
V.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 6:31PM
minnie_tx

I sure hope those receiving these are grateful !!!

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 4:51PM
pirate_girl

Thanks all for the lovely comments. These weren't really any blocks, per se, more like bits & pieces of the 4 novelty cat prints & then whatever coordinating bits of my own scraps, turquoise prints, apple green, yellow & gold bits of solids. Really kinda making 'new' fabric by just sewing the pieces together into panels.

Recently here someone posted & shared a call for Quilts for Oklahoma Tornado victims. Given that this quilt is so upbeat, happy, & cat-filled, I think it should go to kids. When I saw that post I immediately thought to send this.

So I'll be sending it to that Quilt Shop in Tulsa & asking that it be directed to a family w/ kids who lost their homes &/or their pets.
(Has anyone had dealings w/ that LQS in Tulsa yet, who put out the call?)

I've carried this w/ me back & worth to work, to be able to pop the knots on the Subway (I ride abt an hour each way; am almost done). Some folks see what I'm working on & it generates interesting discussions & comments. The cheeriness of this was consistently commented on, so I particularly hope it'll warm the hearts of some of these kids. Like maybe some extra warm hugs, which I'm sure they can use, given all they must be enduring.

I think I've actually learned some of that 'use charity scraps for more charity work' kind of frugality here, in how creative some of you are w/ your scrappy work. Maybe it's also a bit of Yankee thrift.

I really think twice now about how small scraps I should keep, it seems to be abt 1.5" square. You are all an excellent influence in that respect! Thanks everybody, for your encouragement.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 11:12AM
More Discussions
10th Annual Quilt Retreat 2015
Hi Folks! We are beginning the process of planning...
jennifer_in_va
Need advice on batting and a little help with Houzz
I have only made two quilts, both small ones, and have...
donna_loomis
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
QOTD - Re-posting others' pictures
Is there a rule, or convention, or prohibition against...
loisflan
Quilting ideas please
The sailboat quilt will be put in the frame this evening....
grammyp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™