LOOKING for: Eye Round Pot Roast??

oceanbabyMarch 2, 2009

Married 35 years and still not a good cook.I bought a 3 pound eye round roast by mistake instead of chuck/rump/bottom round. Guess I was dreaming! Is there any way I can turn it into a pot roast??

If not, what would be an easy recipe as it's starting to get freezer burn.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodie2

I have never made an eye round as a pot roast, but I think some others have and will likely post. This is what I have done, thank you Sol!

SOL'S EYE ROUND

Here's the way I prepare my roast. It's foolproof and really simple, but it's absolutely wonderful.

3 lb. eye of round roast
2-3 Tb. olive oil
3 Tb. coarsely cracked pepper

Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat the roast with the olive oil, and roll in the cracked pepper. Roast for about 60 minutes for rare. Transfer to a serving platter, allowing it to rest for at least 30 minutes before slicing.

Sol

Bookmark   March 2, 2009 at 5:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marlingardener

Sol's roast sounds great! To put an eye of round into a pot and make pot roast of it seems almost sinful!
I usually rub the roast well with olive oil then rub finely ground sage and a little white pepper into it, and roast it at 325 at 20 minutes per pound. This gives medium rare. If you want it more well-done, roast at 25 minutes per pound.
If you want, you can stick peeled, halved potatoes and peeled, small carrots in the pan for the last hour.

Bookmark   March 3, 2009 at 8:04AM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: elephant garlic recipes?
i grew a bunch and now i don't know what to do with...
mollyjanea
RECIPE: Looking for a few ideas
My husband and I are invited to a neighborhood party...
dspen
LOOKING for: Sweet potato recipes : not pureed or sweet
I love sweet potatoes. I would like to incorporate...
linnea56
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™