LOOKING for: Dulce de leche-- what now?

melonpockyMarch 25, 2008

On a whim I decided to make dulce de leche via the can of condensed milk in boiling water method. Now that I have dulce de leche (the thick kind, not the drizzly kind), I have no idea what to do with it. I have put it in coffee and empanadas (and of course spooned it straight into my mouth) but other than that I don't know any good recipes for it outside of the ice cream topping and brownie swirl.

Anyone have any novel ideas for it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chase_gw

Oh yum. seriously decadent.

Here are a few ideas from the Cooking forum. I have made the Cream puffs with Hazelnuts and Frangelico...oh my!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dulce de leche

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 4:28PM
ginger_st_thomas

Too bad Marlen's not around. Check below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dulce de Leche

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 5:47PM
cuffs054

I make a fruit salad with it. Manderin oranges, cherries, coconut, pineapple. Fold it together with 1/2 can of the milk and then fold in 8oz. of cool whip. This has been a request from the family, I find it a LITTLE too sweet.

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 5:58PM
fearlessem

How about making a few thin butter cookies and spreading it between them to make dulce de leche sandwiches? Mmmmmm....

Bookmark   March 26, 2008 at 12:30PM
melonpocky

Thank you for the replies! I think I'm going to get diabetes from this stuff.

Chase-- that is certainly a magical thread. Thank you for linking to it! I look forward to trying some of the recipes listed (ESPECIALLY the cream puffs with Frangelico oh my goodness) :9

Ginger-- I actually tried out the dulce in spicy hot chocolate immediately after you linked that. Hello, delicious!

Cuffs-- That fruit salad sounds more like fluffy sugar salad with bits of fruit thrown in. Killer! A little too sweet sounding, but I will admit that ambrosia is one thing that I can't resist at barbecues!

Fearless-- ARGH. I have been craving peanut butter cookies recently, and that sounds like the most perfect thing ever. I'm definitely going to try that!

As you can tell with my liberal peppering of exclamation points, I'm a bit sugar high. I think I'll have to detox over the weekend.

Bookmark   March 28, 2008 at 6:58PM
orie

Drizzle it over Jello... yum. Also, google cuban recipes and you'll find recipes for stuff you can make. I'm cuban so we use it a lot.

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 2:40PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: looking for: potato boats recipe
What are the healthy ingredients you can incorporate...
elleau
LOOKING for: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards
Hi, I am looking for anyone that might have the "Easy...
LadyDianah
RECIPE: Green Tomato Cake
This was really good! Green Tomato Cake 199 reviews...
iris_gal
LOOKING for: Toddle House strawberry cream pie
If anyone remembers the Toddle House from way back,...
martha.
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™