RECIPE: orange chicken with noodles

Maggie4March 8, 2009

Spent the weekend at "the mall" this is the answer we received from all the young girls at the Basket Ball tournament this weekend when we asked where to go and a good place to eat. So we went. Busy, busy, busy , but fun.

We ate Chinese orange chicken with noodles. Loved it and now we were wondering if anyone knows how to make this. I can buy frozen orange chicken but the noodles I haven't found. They looked like our spaghetti but with small slivers of cabbage, carrots, onion. what is the sauce that they cook it in? It looks to have soy in it but just wondering if anyone has ever tried making it at home.

Any Ideas

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

Maybe you could tinker around with the recipe below? It sounds good but don't know if it's the same as what you're looking for. Check the reviews as well for options. It has a sauce so you could add noodles.

Here is a link that might be useful: Asian Orange Chicken

Bookmark   March 8, 2009 at 5:19PM
Maggie4

Thanks Ginger - I have tried and it is okay but not what we had. I know it has to do with the soy, ginger, ect. I just don't have it right yet. I'll try yours later. Your picture does look like what we had. You had choice between rice or noodles. Everyone was taking the noodles,
Thanks for the reply.

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 11:09AM
ginger_st_thomas

Post back how it turned out. It looks like something I'd like.

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 4:42PM
annova914

Wow - 351 reviews for this recipe! I think I'm going to copy some of these reviews (after I've finished reading them all!), and maybe give it a try one of these days. I just checked a cookbook out of the library today and was surprised to see "reviews and tips" alongside many of the recipes. As it turns out, this book is from Allrecipes. I really enjoy reading the reviews at the different recipe websites & find them very helpful. Ann

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 9:13PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Christmas Cookies
Think we are late getting this one started this year...
roselin32
LOOKING for: mamma mia's (west allis wi) homemade garlic bread
Hello All, and Happy New Year!!! My wife and I grew...
azstoneconsulting
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
RECIPE: looking for: potato boats recipe
What are the healthy ingredients you can incorporate...
elleau
LOOKING for: Christmas Cookies
Is it time to start posting Christmas Cookies yet???...
roselin32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™