LOOKING for: Roasted Garlic Potatoes

ceezaahMarch 18, 2007

I'd like a good recipe for roasted garlic potatoes. Having steak tonight and want to try something different with it.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

To you want roasted garlic mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes with garlic?
Linda C

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 11:11AM
ceezaah

I want to try roasted potatoes with garlic. I already have a very good recipe for garlic mashed potatoes. I hope you know a good one. I'm not afraid of garlic.
Thanks

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 12:20PM
lindac

There are 2 ways to do it....One is to crush the garlic over the potatoes as you put them into the pan to roast them and the other is to put whole cloves of garlic in the same pan with the potatoes and let people mash the 2 together as they eat them.
Roasted potatoes
peel and chunk up about 3 pounds of potatoes for 4 to 6 servings, or use 3 pounds of small red potatoes.
In an oven proof dish or shallow roasting pan, melt 3 T butter
Add about 3 T olive oil.
Peel lots of garlic cloves At least 6 for 3 pounds of potatoes. more is better.
Toss the potatoes with the garlic in the oil and butter mix so all sides are coated with the oil and butter mix. Sprinkle all with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Roast at 375 for about 1 1/4 hous until the potatoes are nicely browned. Turn the potatoes over after 20 minutes and again after they have been roasting for 45 minutes.
When they are browned, you can turn the oven down to 200 and they will hold for about 1/2 an hour.
Serve everyone some garlic with their potatoes.
Linda C

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 2:36PM
ginger_st_thomas

Here's a variation that's really good with steak. It'll wait for the meat to be done:
ROASTED NEW POTATO SALAD (serves 6)
11 TBL olive oil
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
2 1/2 lbs small new potatoes cut into wedges
2 TBL white wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (or regular onions)

Combine 6 TBL of the olive oil, the garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, thyme & rosemary in a bowl; mix well. Add the new potateos, tossing to coat. Arrange in a greased baking pan.
Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 55 minutes or until the potatoes are brown & tender. Let stand until cool. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl.
Scrape the pan drippings into a measuring cup. Add enough of the remaining olive oil to measure 6 TBL. Whisk the wine vinegar & mustard in a bowl until smooth. Add the olive oil mixture, whisking until blended. Pour over the potatoes, tossing to coat. Season w/salt & pepper to taste; sprinkle w/the green onions. Serve at room temperature.~~True Grits

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 4:21PM
danain

1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes or Yukon Golds
A sprig of fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
6 or 8 cloves garlic (if large, cut in half)
Parmesan cheese (optional)

Leave the peel on potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks, rinse well in cold water to remove the starch so outsides will be crispy and not stick to the baking sheet.

Pre-heat oven to 425°. Place a large baking sheet in the top third of the oven. In a large bowl combine potatoes, rosemary, about 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper; toss well to coat evenly with oil. Place mixture on the hot baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes.

Remove from oven and toss in garlic cloves; roast another 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.

Marilyn

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 2:35PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Toddle House strawberry cream pie
If anyone remembers the Toddle House from way back,...
martha.
LOOKING for: how to use peaches
somebody just gave 60 huge beautiful peaches BUT I...
ginnier
LOOKING for: elephant garlic recipes?
i grew a bunch and now i don't know what to do with...
Molly Adams
RECIPE: Help! Flan
Friend from Dominican Republic served and gave me this...
glenda_al
RECIPE: simple cabbage preparation
I'm looking for one or more simple ways to prepare...
melissa_thefarm
Sponsored Products
Serena & Lily Brahms Mount Herringbone Throw
Serena & Lily
Cast Aluminum Weathered Brick Outdoor Hanging Pendant
$75.00 | Bellacor
Draper Mid-Century Modern Desk Lamp
Lamps Plus
Little Cottage 8 x 10 Gingerbread Wood Playhouse - 8X10GINGERBREAD W/O FLOOR KIT
Hayneedle
Astral Blossom Rug 3'9" x 5'9" - LIGHT BLUE
$339.00 | Horchow
Walters - Cognac leather sectional with right-arm chaise
Interior Define
Swiveled Nesting Tables
$169.99 | Dot & Bo
Yellow Peter Iron Stool
$109.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™