RECIPE: Oreo cheesecakes

ruthanna_gwMarch 2, 2007

I hosted a tea party a few weeks ago and made these as one of the desserts. They're better made a day ahead of time so the cookies can soften up a little bit.

OREO COOKIE CHEESECAKES Â makes 16

20 Oreo cookies

16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature

3/4 cup sugar

Dash of salt

2 Tbs. flour

3 eggs

3/4 cup sour cream

3 Tbs. sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners. Separate 16 cookies in two, leaving the OreoÂs cream filling on each cookie half and placing any half into each cup liner, filling side up. Make crumbs out of the 4 whole cookies and set aside.

In bowl of electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, salt, flour and eggs. Beat for 4 minutes. Place one tablespoon of the mixture on top of each cookie half. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top and add the remaining cream cheese mixture on top of the crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven.

Combine the sour cream and sugar. Spread each cake with the mixture. Return to the oven for 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and place remaining cookie halves on top of each cheesecake, filling side down. Cool and then store in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

When I separate Oreos, the icing is usually on one side only for some reason. :) I like the idea of these better than the vanilla wafer ones.

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 7:15AM
ruthanna_gw

Ginger, most of mine did that too. I used the icing halves for the bottoms.

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 9:26AM
roselin32

Hmmmm.........my answer didn't pop up...must be I didn't hit the submit button. I think I would like these better than the vanilla wafer ones too.........but I thought maybe we could just eat the sides that had the icing?? Dunked in milk??

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 3:14PM
canarybird01

Last summer in Canada we were at a garden dinner party at my sister's neighbour's house.
The neighbour a professional cook with a catering business. He had prepared some wonderful buffet dishes.

One of his dessert trays had mini cheesecakes make with an Oreo cookie base.
Here you see a photo taken of the tray (at right) of them alongside some tarts:
They sure were good!

Ruthanna....are these similar to what you made, minus the Oreo piece on top? They were a favourite at that party.

SharonCb

Bookmark   March 4, 2007 at 5:14AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Green Tomato Cake
This was really good! Green Tomato Cake 199 reviews...
iris_gal
recipe: iso very simple yellow squash gratin
I am looking for a recipe that I can use for a squash...
jennieboyer
RECIPE: Looking for: Date Nut Bread Recipe
I've tried a few recipes and have often been disappointed....
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™