Kitchen remodel

nannette123April 13, 2013

We are remodeling a small condo kitchen & are trying to decide between Kraftmaid cabinets in the willow maple & ultra craft cabinets painted a special Benjamin Moore color. Which cabinets are better quality & what are the must haves? I.e. all plywood construction? I want to make sure with the kitchen people that I'm getting the quality that I am paying for. Also, if we order from Lowes where do we find a good person to install. We have priced out general contractors & they are charging about 4,000.00 more to install & order the cabinets through them. The condo is smaller than 10' x 10' & the quotes are coming I. Around 11,000.00 which is much higher than same Kraftmaid at Lowes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debrak_2008

You might want to do some searches of gardenweb for info on your questions. Use google as it works better then the search feature here. Google "gardenweb kraftmaid" or "gardenweb plywood cabinet construction" etc.

If you don't find enough info in the searches then start a new thread with a more specific question and title. Also try breaking up your questions into different more specific threads. Such as a thread called "is plywood cabinet constuction a must". That is just an example as if you search you will find a ton of into on various construction types. "kitchen remodel" is too vague.

Also, read the "new to kitchen..." thread posted by buehl that floats around on page 1 or 2. There you will find most of the answers to your questions and info on how to post threads to get the most responses.

Good luck!

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
How To Buy a Faucet
Ive lurked and IÂve learned a lot from GardenWeb....
francesca_sf
Kitchen cracking in back panels
We had brand new white shaker cabinets installed in...
siegel438
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™