Photos of my brother's quilt

dawnpJune 9, 2012

Thanks everyone for the help, comments, and interest! You are a great group!

I am pleased with the result. I'm not sure I absolutely love it but I was trying to go with colors that match their master bedroom.

What do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dawnp

I'm sorry the photos are so large! Photobucket does not seem to be reducing the images!

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 4:46PM
msmeow

Dawn, it came out great! I am sure your brother will love it. You have great contrast with the lights and darks also being solids and prints.

Way to go!

Donna

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 5:24PM
loisflan

Dawn, I think you made a beautiful quilt. You should be very pleased with the results. I like the way you used coordinating pale solids with the vibrant prints in your blocks. When you make a quilt for someone using their color scheme, sometimes you may not love, love, love it, but they will. Congratulations on a job well done.

And I like the large photos. You can see the details better. I always post large photos too.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 6:02PM
K8Orlando

Wow! Great job, great colors, great quilt!

Kate

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 6:22PM
toolgranny

Beautiful quilt. I love your colors and I've always loved a log cabin. Great job. I'm sure he'll love it.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 6:41PM
bev2009

Making something to someone else's taste can be hard and pull you out of your comfort zone. I think you did a great job with a lot of different colors and it looks great.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 6:53PM
karpet

That is beautiful!
Karlene

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 8:00PM
magothyrivergirl

I love it! The Colors and fabrics are great~what a nice and personal gift! You did a great job!

Thanks for posting a picture ....and please....start another project!

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 8:25PM
polardreams

Beautiful job! You can put a feather in your cap for a wonderful gift. I hope they love it.
Sue

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 9:20PM
chickie1

I love those colors! Also I'm a big fan of log cabin quilts. You did a great job.
Darlene

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 9:31PM
jennifer_in_va

I think you did a great job!

I only wish I could get photobucket to keep my pictures large! I hate it that they shrink them down... then you can't see things well.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 9:38PM
nanajayne

I think you did a great job!!I know your brother will be so impressed and pleased with your caring gift. Your colors work well together and log cabin is a wonderful pattern. Congratulations. TFS

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 9:49PM
dawnp

Thank you everyone! I appreciate your kind remarks. It has been fun to do this and share with you!

Rivergirl - I had to giggle in response to your comment - now, start another! I think I will - just so I can continue participate in this friendly forum! :)

Dawn

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 10:51PM
day2day

It turned out great.
I think they will love it.
You did a wonderful job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 6:51AM
teresa_nc7

Beautiful quilt! That leaf batik looks real familiar.....I think it is the same fabric that I am using in the blocks and borders of the Seabreeze nickel quilt that I am currently working on.

Good job!
Teresa

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 8:37AM
rosajoe_gw

Gorgeous!! I love the fabric combos.
Rosa

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 1:04PM
dawnp

I just got home from the birthday dinner and gifted my brother with the quilt. He loved it, and loved the colors, He was all teary eyed! He said I could not have given him a better gift. It was definitely worth the effort.

Thanks again guys!

Dawn

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 11:50PM
loisflan

Oh, Dawn, I'm so happy that your brother loved and appreciated your quilt. It does make all the effort worthwhile.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 12:23AM
fran1523

Glad to hear that your brother liked the quilt. It is great looking. You did a wonderful job.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 7:54AM
K8Orlando

Thanks for giving us the update! It's so good to hear that the quilt was special to him.

Even if you don't start working on something else right away, come back to comment and chat with the forum!

Kate

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 10:11AM
magothyrivergirl

Checked back in just to see how happy your brother is.

You did a remarkable job ~ you took alot of info and advice & opinions from different sources, and proceeded knowing your comfort and skill level, and you are to be applauded.

I hope you are hooked on making quilts!

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 11:49AM
lola99

Your quilt is beautiful. I especially like the contrast between light and dark and print and solid. You did a very nice job. Thank you for taking the time to post pictures and to share the story of giving it to your brother. I'm glad he was so happy to receive it - smart brother!

I also liked hearing that other people here don't mind big pictures because, like you, I felt bad that when I post pictures they are always huge!

Take care and come back soon,
Lola

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 12:44PM
musicteacher

If you had showed me the colors before I would not have imagined they would look so good together. But it is so pretty! I don't know how people select colors like that but I love the unexpected and surprisingly (surprising to me anyway) beautiful results! I'm glad your brother liked it. I sure would have!!!!

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 6:55AM
More Discussions
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
Oh my!
Switching over to Houzz very challenging! I sure hope...
nannykins
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™