Where is that foot paddle?

lowraineJune 11, 2012

Do you ever wonder how to keep the foot paddle in one place? Well I saw a post recently that suggested we put a piece of velco on the bottom of the paddle thus causing it to stick to the carpet. The piece of velco with the hooks would be the piece that attaches to the paddle base. Thought I would share that with all the quilting viewers. If this post needs to be someplace else I would appreciate someone moving it for me. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennifer_in_va

This is the perfect place to post a great hint as that!! What a clever idea. Thanks for sharing!

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 4:19PM
toolgranny

I have hardwood floors so have to use non-skid stuff under the peddle. It still moves a bit but is better. Thanks for the carpet idea, though.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 4:32PM
magothyrivergirl

I use a commercial carpet sample under my pedal and I take it to workshops with me as well. That helps a little.
I used a piece of Velcro initially on the plastic pedal when I purchased my machine a few years ago. Then I started having problems with the speed. The Velcro adhesive had gunked up the bottom of the pedal preventing it from depressing completely. So, be careful. I never have a problem with my metal pedals moving around on my other sewing machines.

It is a great tip, just be aware. I wish it worked for my situation, as I am continually trying to solve this problem.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 5:00PM
lowraine

My paddle now is plastic so I need to keep that in mind. thanks

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 5:10PM
lowraine

I just remembered the perfect solution to the paddle problem. Years ago I purchased a singer machine in a cabinet. The paddle was inside the cabinet so you had a leaver next to your right leg that you just pushed. That machine was retired when I purchased the new one from WalMart. He of course sits on a table. Does anyone sell machines in a cabinet anymore? They were great. I loved mine. Loaned it out, came back damaged so I gave it away and gave the cabinet to my daughter.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 5:14PM
    Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 7:38PM
K8Orlando

I have a piece of velcro - the sticki backed kind - on my pedal and it works great. Never slips on the carpet. For those few times I move it to the kitchen table i put the pedal on a rubber backed bath mat. It never slides!

Kate

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 11:35PM
nanajayne

I use an old rubber mouse pad under mine when I use the pedal, which isn't very ofter as I like the touch button. With the Serger I have to use the pedal and the pad works great.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 11:53PM
More Discussions
First & Second completed quilted table runners I made...
This is the second one I made... I made this for my...
shihtzu4su
Quilting ideas please
The sailboat quilt will be put in the frame this evening....
grammyp
damascusannie
Would you mind sharing your links for the old Singer...
csackett
I'm new here and sharing my quilts
Hello, I'm new to your forum, but not new to sewing....
craftylady
Showing off 2 quilts my Mom made!
She gave me this one: This one is for friends of my...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Sponsored Products
Chatham Aged Brass Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
Graph Stool by Gus Modern
$276.25 | Lumens
Path Dining Chair in White
$69.00 | LexMod
4 foot2Lt Fluor. Russel Squares fabric accent
PLFixtures
Allure Lazy River Glass Tile
$30.50 | TileBar
Darby Springs Rug 9' x 12' - SILVER
$7,799.00 | Horchow
Microfiber Woven Harlow Navy Rug (7'6 x 9'6)
Overstock.com
Divi Chrome One-Light Halogen Square Canopy Wall Sconce with Blue Cloud Glass
$153.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™