A cool app for smartphones

ravencajun Zone 8b TXMay 30, 2012

So when my husband and I go shopping he is invariably wandering off somewhere and leaving me in my wheelchair to try to carry stuff I have found in my lap and wheel myself around trying to find him and the cart. I sometimes resort to calling his cellphone to locate him. Well I found some apps for smartphones that turn your cellphone into a walkie talkie!!! So you just select the person and push a button and voila you can talk to each other walkie talkie style. I have android phones so these definitely work on anything android including tablets too, I do know that some of them are also available for iphones.

Voxer

TiKL

Zello

many of them will work across platforms too which is neat.

Now I just need to find an app that will zap him when he starts to wander off!

By the way this method uses no minutes or texting all free! Plus it does more than just walkie talkie, it can do text, photos, location etc.

And of course if you don't like it you can delete it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katlan

That is so cool. If I ever get anytihing with android, I'll be adding this. And I'm sure tapping you on the shoulder asking for direction to app stores etc.

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 7:52AM
jasdip

I like the "zap" option the best Raven!!! You could make a mint, if you design that, I'll bet!

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 8:56AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I have to say I really like this one. I installed the Tikl app on both of our phones and we tried it out, works great. I would definitely recommend it. And the text features are nice too since I don't have text on my phone plan, you can text for free this way.

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 3:03PM
More Discussions
Genealogy related rant
I hired a researcher in Canada to do some sleuthing...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
How to express sorrow at this late date?
I just found out a former neighbors daughter was killed...
josephene_gw
Do you belive "It's better to have loved and lost..." ?
Reflecting on my past, I had a love back in my twenties,...
pickyshopper
Dinner at 8 (#3)
Your celebrity guest is Pauline Phillips aka Abigail...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Answering phone, left or right ear?
I just realized when answering a phone I pick it up...
pekemom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™