Quilt store pictures

fran1523June 8, 2008

Since the board is quiet, I thought I would post some pictures I took of the Quilter's Stash, the store I work at one or two days a week. Here are a few of our Asian collection. Tomorrow or the next day I will post batiks. They are to die for.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gerizone5

Fran you must be in hog heaven when you're working there.

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 6:22PM
barbara_in_pa

Nice layout... makes selecting fabric easier when there is room to move around and really see what is there.....

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 6:45PM
faytay

Hey Fran,

Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip. This looks like a great place to work, but I'm pretty sure I would be bringing home fabric instead of a pay cheque.

Faye

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 7:24PM
rosajoe_gw

Wow Fran, what a beautiful place to work!!! I would be the same Faye and I probably would still owe them money.
Rosa

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 8:15PM
mcbird

I am completely envious! I live in a town with a quilt store that has pretty limited selection, very high prices and the staff acts like they are doing you such a favor to even cut your fabric. Needless to say if I need fabric I order it online or drive 40 miles to the big city. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 8:30PM
love2sew

What lovely fabrics and how lucky you are to be able to play with them often. What is that pattern of the quilt on the wall? I like the color combination.
Jean

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 8:48PM
fran1523

That quilt on the wall is from one of the Turning Twenty books. Not sure exactly which one. The Asian print was used as a focus fabric and the smaller patterned ones worked in around it.

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 8:54PM
nanajayne

I agree, I couldn't afford to to work there. What a dream come true to me around all that beutiful fabric and books to boot!!!!Jayne

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 9:14PM
lindaoh_gw

Fran, is that an online quilt shop? I won a basket full of goodies from an online shop called The Quilter's Stash a few years ago. I am wondering if it is the same shop.
Linda OH

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 10:25PM
calliope

Be still my heart! Nope, I couldn't work there. LOL. My three major weaknesses are Plants, fabric and books in that order. I worked at a greenhouse/nursery before I opened my own and the boss allowed us to purchase our trees, etc at wholesale. We kept tally sheets in the break room of our purchases and mine was always several pages long and it got taken out of our paychecks before they were issued.

I can't even imagine all the UFOs working in a fabric store would create.

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 8:00AM
boxersandkoi

Wow, what a lovely shop! I can hardly wait to see the batiks!
Thanks for posting the pics.

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 9:28AM
caroline1947

DROOL DROOL!!!!

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 9:48AM
carolek

Although we built our house in the boonies, I have been fortunate that in the nearest town--Clifton: pop. 2500--there is a nice quilt shop. The owner bought a small house and arranged the displays and class functions in the various rooms. Her selection is very good--maybe not as full as Fran's, but better than what we had in Waco. Of course, with five large storage boxes full of fabric, I don't allow myself to buy new- I just feast my eyes. Carole

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 10:39AM
fran1523

Linda, no it is not online, although we do fill phone orders if someone knows exactly what they want.

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 11:31AM
day2day

You must feel like you're wrapped in a warm cocoon. Great selection of fabrics. Do you give in to temptation and buy a lot of it?

~Geraldine

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 11:50AM
kathi_mdgd

Memories!! This brings back lots of good memories for me,since i also worked in a quilt shop for 10 years.One of my favorite days was when the new shipments came in,talk about drooooooooooooling,oh my.I'm still sewing some of the fabrics i bought back then and i've been retired for 9 years.
Kathi

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 1:41PM
easystitches

What heaven! It would be a very dangerous place indeed!
I'd love to work in a shop, but definately not own one!
Too much responsibility, they work so hard.
I don't think I could work in a nursery either, wow,very
tempting. Jill

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 6:23PM
More Discussions
Harvest Moon Quilt
This is my first attempt at adding a photo. I just...
Nancy Morris
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
March 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Our March came in like a lamb. How about where you...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™