Weekend quilting plans? 6/18-6/19

msmeowJune 17, 2011

Wow, I beat Linda OH to the weekend question! :) What's everyone up to this weekend?

Tomorrow we're going over to Lakeland to visit parents. I have one more Ode to Blue & Grey block to get caught up, so hopefully I can get that done Sunday afternoon. I want to make a few more minis for the AAQI, then I have 4 more little tops to quilt for my guild's charity. That will keep me busy for a while! LOL Plus I'll be working on Mark's BD quilt whenever he's not around to catch me. I'm off the week of July 4 so I should be able to make good progress on his quilt that week.

Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lola99

I'm going to work on quilting my circle quilt. I had planned to give this quilt as a Christmas gift last year but I was only done with the top. So I showed the quilt top and then took it back to quilt it. I made significant progress early in the year and then hit a mental block on how to finish quilting it. Last night I finally made a decision and I'd love to finish it or come close in the next weekend or two!

Lola

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 4:16PM
msmeow

Go Lola, go Lola! You'll be so proud of yourself when you finish quilting! I'm glad you are over your block...that's really frustrating.

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 4:52PM
quiltingfox

Am working on a sailboat applique baby quilt this weekend. And have started a crocheted afgan this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are in drought and desperately need some rain.

Best to you,
Sandra

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 6:54PM
polardreams

DS is on his way to town so will take he & girlfriend out to dinner when they get here. Packing the motorhome tomorrow for a week in the Mesa Verde/Four Corners area - leaving Sunday. I will try to work on hand quilting an queensize UFO (10+ years!!!) in between packing ... too big to take along. I have a small baby quilt to hand quilt for the trip. I am trying to decide on fabrics for another baby quilt for a July 10 shower (guess I'd better get busy!)

Sue

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 6:56PM
lindaoh_gw

Greetings from Columbus, OH! My DD and I went to the NQA show today and found lots of goodies. We took lots of pictures. I will post more later.
Linda OH

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 11:41PM
cindykg23

Sandra 'd love to send you some rain:) We have't had TOO much, but could certainly share!

I had hoped to sew all day today & get caught up w/blocks for another swap I'm doing, plus get block #3 for the June lotto done. Alas!, DGS#2 spent the night last night (which is why I'm online now! at 4:30am lol) He will be here all day today while DGS#1 is in a soccer tournament out of town. He will entertain himself part of the time, so I'll be able to quilt a little, just not the marathon I had hoped for! :) Oh well, time w/them at this age is short, I'll enjoy it while I have it!! (I have learned a few things over the years, TH!!)

~Cindy

Ahh!! The first birds are up singing!!

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 4:39AM
kay_in_pa

I'm making a June/July lotto block, now that Michelle has kindly taken over moderating! Plus grooming our dogs, cleaning the oven and other not so fun stuff.

I guess you can tell I have company coming in about a week!

Kay

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 10:07AM
tuppermom

I am in Ellicottville, NY for the weekend without a sewing machine and I didn't bring any handwork either. I did however go shopping in Amish country of Western NY. I bought 108" wide backing fabric for 5.25 a yard and 45" quilting cottons for 2.99 a yard! I will have to wash everything because their shops are on their farms. I wish I had bought more. I hope to get a couple of blocks made when I get home tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone

Mary

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 10:52PM
lola99

Thanks for the encouragement Donna. I did quilt quite a bit on Saturday, but unfortunately, I think I underestimated how long this is going to take me - definitely more than one or two weekends. Oh well, if I keep at it, eventually I'll finish, and then I'll post a picture.

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 10:11AM
teresa_nc7

Sunday I spent some time pawing through my stash for batiks for a new quilt. A friend wants me to make her other daughter a quilt - after I made DD#1 a quilt a number of years ago. Evidently DD#2 has been pestering her mom for "her" quilt! I think I have enough batiks for the blocks, but will need to get a background. I don't want to use WOW or white muslin - I think I want a light batik. I will be doing another Nickel Quilt from the newest book.

Teresa

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 11:02AM
More Discussions
Just finished
Pattern called Diamond Double from Cozy Quilt. If you...
nannykins
QOTD - Re-posting others' pictures
Is there a rule, or convention, or prohibition against...
loisflan
Need advice on batting and a little help with Houzz
I have only made two quilts, both small ones, and have...
donna_loomis
First & Second completed quilted table runners I made...
This is the second one I made... I made this for my...
shihtzu4su
Showing off 2 quilts my Mom made!
She gave me this one: This one is for friends of my...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™