RECIPE: Toffee Brownies

deedeebakerFebruary 4, 2008

These are great!!! Made them this weekend and they were a great hit - Had to pass this on. Enjoy. Recipe is from Paula's Home Cooking show.

1 (17.6-ounce) package brownie mix with walnuts (make sure you buy family size)

Vegetable oil cooking spray

3 (6-ounce) candy bars with almonds and toffee chips (recommended: Symphony brand)

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.

Line a 13 by 9-inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil cooking spray. Spoon in half of the brownie batter and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter.

Bake according to package directions. Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil. This makes it easy to cut the brownies into squares.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodie2

Thanks, I have another Paula brownie recipe which starts out with a mix and some kind of topping - nice and easy and good!

Bookmark   February 4, 2008 at 11:58AM
compumom

I made these for the second time last night. I was hooked after a guest brought them here on New Year's Day. Here's my recomendation:
Ghirardhelli double chocolate brownie mix (smaller package)
2 Symphony toffee bars (I only use 1 3/4 bars)
Make the mix as directed. Use an 8x8 pan lined with GREASED tin foil, pour in 1/2 of the mix, place a single layer of candy bar covering the top, pour in the rest of the mix, spread it to the sides and corners and bake at 325 for about 50 minutes. I love chewy brownies, but this is one recipe that works when they're cooked a bit more. Cool and if possible refrigerate. Then cut and serve. I cut into smaller portions as it's a sweet recipe, but such a winner and such praise when it's served! I'm so not a nut person, but you'll never know that they're there in this recipe. I wouldn't use the mix with nuts included.

Bookmark   February 15, 2008 at 9:45AM
pat_t

Ellen - I love those Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie mixes too. Here's a plus: our Publix occasionally has them buy one get one free. I usually stock up on them then.

Now I just have to remember to pick up the candy bars...

Bookmark   February 20, 2008 at 9:01AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Green Tomato Cake
This was really good! Green Tomato Cake 199 reviews...
iris_gal
LOOKING for: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards
Hi, I am looking for anyone that might have the "Easy...
LadyDianah
RECIPE: Looking for: Date Nut Bread Recipe
I've tried a few recipes and have often been disappointed....
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™