LOOKING for: Anchovy Butter?

gardenladFebruary 8, 2007

So, a long while back I watched Bobby Flay make Parchment-wrapped Filets in Anchovy Butter. I'm finally getting around to giving it a try. Flay used barimundi, but I'm thinking tilapia.

Researching anchovy butter to get some idea of the quantities I find recomendations for everything from 1 to ten filets per stick of sweet butter.

Anybody out there ever make anchovy butter? What ratio did you find worked best? What I'm looking for is that suble flavor addition anchovies provide, but don't want the saltiness to overpower.

Other flavor components in this dish are mint, parsley, and cherry tomatoes tossed in a balsomic reduction.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
khandi

I've never tried this recipe but thought you might be interested in seeing it. It's from the 1952 book entitled Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedic Cookbook.

Anchovy Butter

1 cup butter
1/2 cup minced anchovies or 4 Tablespoons anchovy paste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 drops onion juice

Substitute herring, bloaters, crawfish, lobster, smoked salmon, whitefish or sardines for the anchovies.

Bookmark   February 12, 2007 at 11:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenlad

Thanks, Khandi,

That sounds good. It won't work with the fish dish I have in mind, though, because that also calls for a balsomic reduction, and there'd be too much acid.

Put I can definately see it for other uses. Heck, I can see it just on toast points.

Bookmark   February 12, 2007 at 11:36AM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Christmas Cookies
Is it time to start posting Christmas Cookies yet???...
roselin32
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
LOOKING for: mamma mia's (west allis wi) homemade garlic bread
Hello All, and Happy New Year!!! My wife and I grew...
azstoneconsulting
RECIPE: Help! Flan
Friend from Dominican Republic served and gave me this...
glenda_al
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™