LOOKING for: Salad Dressing Recipe

CA KateJanuary 17, 2009

I LOVE the grilled shrimp spinach salad at Applebees. Does anyone have the/similar dressing recipe that would go with this salad so I could make it at home? I tried googling it but didn't get THE recipe, which is apparently a best-kept secret.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

No, but did you see the recipe for the dressing below? If not it, it sure sounds good.

Here is a link that might be useful: Salad

Bookmark   January 17, 2009 at 5:21PM
CA Kate

Perhaps. I'll try it out and see if it's the right one. It's really hard to tell just from the recipe alone.

Bookmark   January 18, 2009 at 9:19PM
ginger_st_thomas

Post back how it turned out. Never tasted the original myself.

Bookmark   January 19, 2009 at 4:57AM
blizlady

i FOUND THIS RECIPE at ALLRECIPES. It sounds like A LOT OF SUGar, but everyone gAVE IT Rave reviews. oNE OF THE REVIEWERS Said the following: "I work at an applebee's and we have a hot bacon dressing to die for and after searching for anything remotely close and coming up with nothing, I came across this recipe. I just made it and it's quick and easy and exactly what I was looking for."

"This warm dressing immerses crunchy bacon bits in a sweet, thickened vinaigrette for an old-time taste treat!"

Hot BACON DRESSING
Ingredients:
8 slices bacon
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
Directions:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt, and slowly pour in water and vinegar, whisking constantly.
3. In a medium skillet, add the crumbled bacon and pour the vinegar mixture over it. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.

(P.S. Sorry ABOUT THE TYPING. i Have no control over the cAPS LOCK ON MY KEYBOard since I spilled coffee on it!)

Bookmark   January 19, 2009 at 9:10PM
blizlady

Here is ANOTHER REVIEW OF THat dressing where A PERSON Said it tASTED LIKE applebee's. She AND OTHERS DID CUT Back on the sugAR, USING AS LITTLE as 1/2 cup TO 1 1/4 CUP INSTeAD OF 1 1/2 CUPS. YOU May haVE TO STart out with less sugAR and ADD TO Taste.

"This was great and I think a lot like Applebees. I only used 1 1/4 cups sugar, some of the bacon grease and added a little more cornstarch since it didn't seem to get thick. I served it over spinich with grilled shrimp and chopped red onion, roasted red pepper and toasted almond slices. UMMMM. I will be making this a lot! Thanks for the recipe. Now I don't have to go to Applebees to satisfy my craving."

Bookmark   January 19, 2009 at 9:18PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: simple cabbage preparation
I'm looking for one or more simple ways to prepare...
melissa_thefarm
RECIPE: Canning Recipe procedure
This may sound dumb but how tight should the lid on...
KenWade
LOOKING for: Christmas Cookies
Is it time to start posting Christmas Cookies yet???...
roselin32
RECIPE: Sauce for Meat
Years ago my Grandmother use to do a lot of canning....
darrah
RECIPE: Poached salmon
Planning this years New Years Eve dinner and would...
prairie_rose
Sponsored Products
Brushed Nickel Outdoor Wall 1-Light Fluoresce
PLFixtures
Justice Design Group FSN-8702 - Aero 2 Light Bath Bar - Cylinder with Flat Rim S
$290.00 | Hayneedle
s: 1-Light Brushed Dark Bronze Finish CLI-LS442875
Home Depot
Vintage Wine Bottle Cheese Plate
Classic Hostess
Safavieh Area Rug: Anatolia Beige and Green 4' x 4' Round
Home Depot
Safavieh Indoor 1-light Red and White Color Swirls Glass Table Lamp (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Homelegance Clayton Rectangular Extension Dining Table in Dark Oak
Beyond Stores
Smithfield Green Indoor/ Outdoor Braided Rug (5' x 8')
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™