Best sites for tracking property/land sales and trends?

moonshadowMay 17, 2009

I've searched the forum but so far only come up with zillow, which doesn't get such great reviews. MLS leads me to another view-for-fee site for detailed info.

Are there any good sites you can recommend for tracking property sales and real estate pricing trends? I'm mainly tracking rural acreage out of state from me.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

United Real Estate Specializes in rural property. Sometimes just searching the towns you are interested in and click on RE will give you a general ideas.

Bookmark   May 17, 2009 at 4:14PM
jane__ny

I like Trulia.com to track sales in my area (NY). I don't know whether it is local. You could try Realtor.com. These are all free.

Bookmark   May 17, 2009 at 10:58PM
moonshadow

Thanks, I appreciate the links!

I am familiar with the area (grew up there) but prices are all over the place. Sparsely populated area, economically depressed. Watched a farm auction last year, 400 AC split up into large and small parcels. Of course better crop fields grab a better premium. But there are some that were smaller sold as building sites. Crazy thing (that doesn't make sense to me) is that the smaller the site, the higher the price. Minimal road frontage on both, well & septic necessary on both. The 9 AC parcel going for $2600/AC, double size 18 AC parcel with nearly identical layout (woods and cleared field) going for $2100AC. But only on the market 6 months and slashed 15k already, probably due to the economy and no draw for newcomers.

I check tax records as well, for deed changes in the area.

Bookmark   May 19, 2009 at 9:06AM
wantoretire_did

Jane ny - Thank you so much for the Trulia.com site. We had no idea of what is going on locally as far as price reductions and length of listing times, other than "they are out there looking" and that there is a large inventory of homes for sale in this area (Saratoga County). Our agent is trying to be optimistic. At least we aren't alone on this ship!!

Bookmark   May 22, 2009 at 5:10AM
jane__ny

I'm planning to list in a week and there are so many houses for sale in my area. Nothing seems to be selling. You can set Trulia to alert you when a particular house sells or changes their price. I keep watching houses dropping their prices each month and still not selling.

Its scary and I'm not looking forward to this. Seems no one is buying.

Good luck to you,
Jane

Bookmark   May 23, 2009 at 12:53AM
elle481

I go to listingbook.com to do my research. I got connected through my re agent. It shows me contingent, pending, sold, new, and price changes. I can also go back and see what the price drops have been. I did not know of this site before we listed.

Bookmark   May 23, 2009 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
Happy story: my sis just bought her first house
Just thought I'd share a happy story! My sister's been...
robo (z6a)
Seller not allowing final walk-through before closing
Hi, I am struggling with a strange situation in my...
musicgold
trying to buy worried about appraisals
I looked at a house, liked it an made an offer. The...
neobuyer
CO inspections...and other issues/questions
Son is buying a 1951 home. Inspector noticed the top...
cindywhitall
Why would nosey realtor say these things?
It is clear my house lacks a wow factor. I over de-cluttered...
belfastbound
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™