King top finished! (2 yrs of birthday blocks)
I finished it! Well, at least I finished the top. This quilt top includes 12 Buckeye Beauty squares from this year's birthday blocks (Thank you Piece of Cake quilters!) and some London Squares from last year's birthday blocks (Thank you Carolina Lilies quilters!). I added a few more London Squares to have enough for a large drop down border on 3 sides and LOTS more Buckeye Beauties. All blocks are either 1930's reproduction fabrics or dots in shades that went with the 1930's colors.
It started out to be a quilt for the queen size guest bed. But as I started to put it all together last week, DH Jim mentioned (several times!) that it's been a long, long time since I made a new quilt for our bed. I can take a hint so changed the plan to make it fit a king size bed.
I really like the way it turned out and am thrilled that the two squares work so well together. I added the inner blue/white/blue border just to get the size right but I'm OK with the way that looks too. I've just ordered 108" wide white on white fabric for the backing (under $7/yd from fabrics.com!) and will make an appointment with the long arm quilter. This one is too big to quilt on my machine!
It has a real farmhouse look to it so I think I'll call this one Farmhouse Beauty.
Gracie (aka "The Big Petunia") likes it too!