urgent - centering OTR microwave over range

nikeno13April 30, 2013

We are in current construction of kitchen reno. Carpenter is hanging cabinets today. Of course with trying to fit "semi custom" cabinets into a pre existing space, everything did not work out perfect. In order to make one thing work, we will have to have our microwave not centered over the range by only 1/2". Will this be noticeable? I can't find an example photo of someone that has done this to get a comfort level that it won't drive me nuts over the next 10 or 15 years. I hope someone can provide a little consolation! If we do center it, then we don't get equal wall reveal on either side of our window above the kitchen sink. I think that will be more noticeable and its the first thing you see when you walk in the kitchen. Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

Personally, I don't think 1/2" will be noticeable - at least not for long...once you stop looking for it! :-)

I think the window reveal would be more important overall.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 10:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

While 1/2 won't be noticeable, it WILL be a fire hazard to have the off center cabinet overhang the burners. Make him take it down and put in a filler like he SHOULD have done in the first place.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 12:19PM
More Discussions
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
Horrible exsisting kitchen layout. Help.
I need help with a bad kitchen layout. Very narrow...
dogger10
Week 40: Sacrificed? Unobtainable dreams? Which direction?
A lot of questions this morning! Other than your entire...
CEFreeman_GW
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
Shallow sinks?
I'm not sure if this is a thing, but I'm interested...
Lrw2a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™