QofTD 6/22/11 What solid fabrics do you use?

magothyrivergirlJune 22, 2011

What is your favorite brand / manufacturer of solid fabrics, and where do you buy them?

I have been sewing with Kona solids when there is alot of solid color in the quilt. My LQS stocks almost no solids & I think the Kona at Joannes is not the same quality, no mater what the bolt says. I want to try some other really nice solids, that are readily available in a nice variety of colors and shades. Is there nice, dependable solids available, other than Kona? What solids do you like?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandlapper_rose

I'm not much help - I tend to use Kona. I find that if I need to buy more of a certain color, it will match.
It's a good QOTD though and I'll see what others say.
Jeanne

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 1:03PM
grammyp

I'm not much help either. I like Kona for nice quality, true color solids. Unless I really need a true solid, I like to use moda marble instead of a true solid color.

beverly

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 1:16PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Kona Cotton for solid colors is what I use, too.

SharonG/FL-IN

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 2:00PM
new2quilting

I use mostly Kona from quilt shops (agree that JoAnns doesn't have the same feel), though I just bought a P&B textiles solid black and have bought Michael Miller solid black before. For 1930s, Aunt Grace for Marcus Brothers has some fun colors, but I haven't had much experience with it personally. I, too, use marbles that read more solid. I have a lot of quilt shops in the area, so usually someone has it locally. I have had good luck with fatquartershop.com as an online source. A search for "solids" gives many choices.

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 6:57PM
nanajayne

I am a Kona fan as well. Usually I get mine from Hancock of Paducah. Like their service and quality. Jayne

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 9:03PM
magothyrivergirl

Okay ~ so it looks like I started out using the most popular solid fabric. I have ordered and used some moda marbles, and I liked them; I will have to look closer at their range of colors and order some more. I'll also try the Michael Miller solids.
Thanks!

Bookmark   June 23, 2011 at 3:14PM
K8Orlando

I like the Kona solids but agree with the comments about Joann's - their Konas are not the same quality. I typically order mine from Hancocks of Paducah.

Kate

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
Wandering Quilters Shirt
Kate, where can we order one? I'd love to have one...
grammyp
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
Free Zelda Quilt Along to start soon
http://www.quiltinglinda.com/category-quilting/2015/02/16/free-zelda-quilt-along/ For...
lindaoh_gw
As the New Year is fresh in mind
"As the New Year is fresh in mind, the dominant...
zhuanghan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™