Are you quilting this weekend? June 21-23

lindaoh_gwJune 21, 2013

Wow, this week went by quickly. I didn't get the blocks done that I wanted to make but I did start an old 2000 Christmas BOM from JoAnn's. I helped serve a dinner at the church on Tuesday and worked in the garden and cleaned the pool on Wed.. I was so sore on Thursday that I didn't get much done except to go to my small quilt group meeting. I did get all my DD's baby dresses out of the cedar chest and washed them. I am going to visit her next week and want to take the baby clothes to her. This afternoon I have to do some grocery shopping and then hope to get back to my sewing machine.
Are you quilting or sewing this weekend?
Linda OH

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Linda, you must have been posting the same time I was! LOL

Donna

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 12:08PM
lindaoh_gw

Great minds think alike. lol I was a bit later than usual with my weekend post.
Linda OH

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 1:42PM
jackier123

I have several things that I want to work on this weekend. I am working on two Bonnie Hunter quilts. I am working on my gifts for this years retreat (can you say "getting a way early start" yay). And I have to choose which quilt top goes onto the frame next. Most of that has to be done tomorrow as we are going fishing Sunday morning.

Jackie

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 2:02PM
nannykins

Does cleaning up the sewing area count?
After making the little quilt earlier this week, I now have to put all the leftovers back in their bins and clean off the cutting table. I would probably start something new but hubby is having a business meeting here on Monday, so I have to keep things tidy till then. But watch out Tuesday.
A friend once said that you could tell the state of her mind by the condition of her bedroom. If that is true, my sewing room means I am in need of serious help.
Theresa

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 3:51PM
jennifer_in_va

Theresa, that totally counts!! I have to put some fabric away too... okay, more than 'some', but it's still a WIP.

I would like to putter down there this weekend, but not sure if I will have time. Saturday is Cynthia's Girl Scout awards ceremony, and Sunday she's riding.

I will help her with neck coolers, and I hope to work out a plan for my friend's Bargello UFO that I adopted. Strips sets are sewn, and partially cut, but I have no idea what the plan was.

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 4:13PM
tuppermom

I am in the middle of marking my Civil War Remebrances quilt for handquilting. Very tedious job. I am hoping to get it finished in time to put it in my guild show in October. I hope it is a nice summer..not too hot and humid because I handquilt in a lap frame.

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 6:00PM
calliope

I am more than knee deep in garden, and fruit......have more cherries to pit tonight, and almost enough cukes for a run of pickles this weekend. I did cut two lengths of cloth for the back of my depression block quilt. I decided to make this one daybed size and be done with it quick.

Sewing? Yes, I had my g'daughter and her sweet baby over yesterday and hurried up and put a buttonhole and button on the pinafore I made the little one. It's fabric I brought back from Mexico and the dress has been made for some time and I've been waiting for her to grow into it, and also it's summer appropriate.

I may sandwich the QIP this weekend, or I may not. It's a relief to just have the top done and I'm satisfied with the results.

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 9:01PM
More Discussions
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 20-22
I have been cross-stitching a birdhouse bookmark for...
quiltingfox
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Are you quilting this weekend? March 6-8
I hope to find time to work on some small wall hangings...
lindaoh_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™