Snowflake Granite owners - Absorption of Liquids?

NYMKApril 28, 2013

I fell in love with Snowflake granite and Brown Fantasy quartzite. I came home with samples of them both. The Brown Fantasy etched when I left lemon juice on it for 30 minutes so I guess that is out. I put lemon juice, ketchup and water on the Snowflake for 30 minutes too. The Snowflake did not etch but it did have water stains like it absorbed the liquids. Eventually, it evaporates but I found that unusual. Opinions? Is it just because it hasn't been sealed? When it is sealed, will this problem go away?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NYMK

Still need some advice! Anyone have a similar issue?

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 3:32PM
soibean

hi, we got Snowflake just a few months ago. Although the fabricator sealed it, we did notice water stains. On the advice of oldryder on this forum, we sealed it again ourselves, using Dupont Bulletproof (I forget the exact name, you should be able to look for oldryder threads to find it). I applied two coats of sealer to be safe. Since then, no issues with water stains. Not sure how long till we will have to seal again.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 6:28PM
NYMK

Soilbean, thank you so much for commenting. I saw your post about Snowflake granite but had no idea how to reach out to you other than to post on this forum. Are you happy with your choice? It is such a gorgeous granite. Any chance you would post a photo of your countertop? Did you happen to get your granite at All Marble and Granite (Marble.com)?

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 7:41PM
soibean

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I started a new job and am feeling a bit overwhelmed. We got our snowflake in Massachusetts. Here are photos:

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 9:12PM
NYMK

Thanks Soilbean. It really is beautiful!

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 9:16PM
More Discussions
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
New Vicostone/Pental Quartz Calacatta Borghini?
Has anyone seen the new Vicostone/Pental quartz Calacatta...
nadianyc
Anyone have solid walnut slab cabinets?
Howdy! We're trying to decide if we want to do walnut...
Fori is not pleased
Scullery...
What are your thoughts about a scullery? A place to...
lavender_lass
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™