Any Granite Sourced from New Hampshire?

mommakleeApril 4, 2013

We are in the early planning stages for updating our kitchen and while granite is probably not going to be in our budget this year, we might be able to re-do the countertops in the future.

However, this morning, I was curious if those who are familiar with granite know if any granite for counter tops was sourced from New Hampshire.

My husband worked on Mount Washington for a couple of years as an intern while he was in college and he fell in love with that area and the rocks there and everything. For real, I can be looking at a random picture of the Presidentials and within seconds, he knows where the picture was taken from and what angle. I thought he might like having some New Hampshire Granite in the kitchen, kind of a way to keep New Hampshire close...

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Circus Peanut

Try Swenson Granite ? I think they carry only NH and Vermont stone. If you google, you'll find a number of purveyors in the Northeast.

There's still a working quarry in Concord, NH, I think. Great project!

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 11:17AM
mommaklee

Thank You!

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 11:57AM
smiling

If Swenson can't help you, I've also heard good things about RE Marble and Granite in Temple, as well as Ripano Stoneworks in Nashua. Have not done business with them, so this is just secondhand info, but maybe another resource for you.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 1:00PM
mommaklee

Thanks for the additional info. Looks like Swenson's doesn't do countertops, but they had some very nice outdoor items. I think my husband might like that even better.

This post was edited by mommaklee on Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 15:59

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 3:57PM
karin_mt

I don't have anything to add other than admiration for this idea. I applied for an internship up on Mt Washington and was sad when I didn't get it. I love that badass weather.

NH granite should be very easy to come by for landscaping purposes. I recall seeing NH granite curbstones when we lived in the northeast.

And unlike most "granite," those rocks really are true granite. I mean, they wouldn't call it the Granite State if it were actually andesite now, would they? ;)

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 8:00PM
More Discussions
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
Color difference Benjamin Moore Regal Select versus Regal Classic
We've been using Benjamin Moore Regal Classic semi...
donaleen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™