Motion sensor kitchen faucets

lynne412April 28, 2013

I am thinking of putting in a motion sense faucet (Haysfield with motionsense from Moen) in the kitchen. Would like any thoughts or experiences with motion sense faucets for the kitchen.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

I thought seriously about it - but decided I adjust the temp so often, probably not worth is for me - I put the "joystick" mounted in the front and just use my forearm if my hands are sticky..

When I was looking - I was ogling Chicago faucets - they seem well made and made in the US as well.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 11:10AM
superpoutyduck

Get a Tapmaster. I decided against motion sense after thinking about how my cats would love it. Also, people have said they can be temperamental when washing dishes.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 11:55AM
flwrs_n_co

Considering all the trouble I've encountered with motion sensor faucets in public restrooms, I would be hesitant to put one in my kitchen. Also, would it go on when I was simply putting dirty dishes into the sink for later washing? I think touch sensor or Tapmaster would be better options.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 1:46PM
andreak100

I was thinking on this also...although we have a faucet that we plan on reusing because it's almost new.

I know that motion sensor faucets drive me batty when I try to use them in public places...as I thought about it, I can just imagine how it would be if I had to use it everyday, multiple times a day. We're looking at installing a Tapmaster (if the budget will allow for it)

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 2:36PM
heidihausfrau

I thought about it--especially since I just love the commercial with the woman dancing in her kitchen and using the faucet.

Then, I found out the price.......sigh....

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 3:57PM
yooper856

It's not quite there yet....I just installed the Moen version and it works about 50% of the time. Moen has been great about trying to help but it just does not work very well...you have to wiggle your hands around to get it to go, then like I said about 1/2 the time the sensor lights up but no water. Kind of disappointing for a fairly expensive faucet. I think motion in general just has a ways to go maybe?

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
KitchenCraft - will they last a lifetime?
Fell in love with a specific painted door when cruising...
lookintomyeyes83
Bungalow galley kitchen layout
Hello GW'ers! I'm new to the forum and have been so...
motok1w
Quartz or laminate?
Is Quartz really worth it? Still looking for review...
maremurry
Need help on storing root vegetables
Can anyone help me with ideas to store my root veges...
sl4321
OT - Any Walking Dead Fans..?
Very much looking forward to tonight's episode..:)
oldbat2be
Sponsored Products
Classic Oil Rubbed Bronze Single Handle Faucet with Pull-Down Spout
Overstock.com
Remer by Nameeks 359SSXL Shower Head - REMER 359SSXL
$587.00 | Hayneedle
'The Dogfather' Pint Glass - Set of Four
$29.99 | zulily
Noguchi: Cyclone Dining Table Reproduction
Modern Classics Furniture
16" Square Stainless Steel Rainfall Shower Head
Signature Hardware