Home Warranty Exposé, a new one this week

FatHenMay 22, 2009

Home Court Advantage: How the Building Industry Uses Forced Arbitration to Evade Accountability. http://www.fairarbitrationnow.org/content/home-court-advantage-how-building-industry-uses-forced-arbitration-evade-accountability

This came out this week from Public Citizen. Because I heavily used info from consumer org's during my construction defect case, I became aware of some pitfalls of arbitration in time. Long story short, I avoided it. In networking with others I saw how devastating it was to get ripped again in arbitration for those who weren't so lucky. IMO home warranties are not worth the paper they're printed on. Something to think about if your builder is using them. You might want to consider declining it. And don't agree to arbitration in the builder's contract either of course.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fixizin

SAD... looks like arbitration--a once honest process I have seen used to expeditious effect for both parties in the high-tech industry--has become yet another casualty of the housing bubble SCAM-O-RAMA!

It's a dirty risky biz, homebuilding is, even moreso when the internationalist Wall St. SUPER-criminal oligarchs get their hands in it. GRRrRrr...

Of course the positive examples I'm thinking of are 2 or more similar-sized high-tech companies, or a company vs. a venture cap firm, and NOT a huge company like KB Homes vs. the individual consumer.

Thanks for posting that link. Makes it easy to see where the vested interests lie. GRRrrr...

PS: How much fewer warranty claims would there be if "undocumented" labor was not used to build these homes????

Bookmark   May 26, 2009 at 4:26AM
More Discussions
Emotional rollercoaster of home selling
Lately, this process of having my condo up for sale...
Acco
Retiree - rent or buy home
We are newly retired and have a plan to sell our current...
waterlily_girl
pros/cons of first floor master
I've looked at several newish (1990s or newer) homes...
hairmetal4ever
Specific real estate agent required by divorce decree
Hi real estate agents, does anyone know if it is legal...
martine81684
Considering downsizing Advice desperately needed!
Have you downsized? I could use your input. Desperately...
jcorn1
Sponsored Products
Howard Elliott 51234HP Johnston Hot Pink Mirror
Beyond Stores
'Dad's BBQ' Personalized Canvas
$31.99 | zulily
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Seaside Outdoor 60 in. Bronze Floor Lamp
Home Depot
AFD Home Lion Faux Stone Planter
Beyond Stores
Access Lighting Tara C50123BSOPLEN1226B Semi Flush / Pendant Multicolor - C50123
$308.00 | Hayneedle
OttLite Lamps 14 in. Contemporary Pink And White Desk Lamp F48218
$30.30 | Home Depot
White Finish Three Glass Bottles On Tray Table Lamp
ParrotUncle
Green Leaf Art Weave 1 Canvas Print - 22W x 28H in. - YS260311BC
$63.98 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™