Jim Bishop Cabinets anyone?

skeylargoApril 5, 2013

I was looking at some of the lists posted on this site with cabinet "ratings" based on price and quality but did not see Jim Bishop on the list. Can someone enlighten me about the quality of them? I am not looking for high end cabinets but something that will hold up for a while and the finish won't come off (that's what happened to my current cabs). I was given what seems to me like a very attractive price for them but can't seem to find much info on them.
I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum and I already found lots of invaluable information.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sis2two

I may be mistaken, but it seems that Allison has those cabinets in parts of her home. You may want to give her a shout out. She has a beautiful home.

Bookmark   April 5, 2013 at 10:10AM
kdchic

Hi, I recently started to carry Jim Bishop Cabinetry. They are not a low end product. American made, in Montgomery, Alabama, they are a family based company with integrity & very close attention given to their finishes, quality control & customer service. They offer different levels of boxes as most do, a particle /economy box, as well as a white-laminated box, a ply box, & an eco-grey box. The Company also offer's an exclusive line called LogiKitchen. It is very forward thinking, with an emphasis on compartmentalization. Delegating each station of the kitchen with organizational components. Every drawer, roll-out, etc is designed for an individual need for storage/purpose. I find their stain & paint finish to be of great quality. Alot of KD store's carry the bigger names, conglomerates, some mass produced, or orient made & can be priced less. I offer a lesser orient produced line myself. But JB is my best line, it is not cheap, it's AFFORDABLE, & as your preferences go up for an i.e. ultimate (grey) box, as with any 'Brand' so will the price, as would the cabinets depending on the wood, finish, stain, glaze, etc.There's also the option of eco freindly reconstituted wood finishes, Parapan, Lumicor insets & metal frames. I've designed 4 projects with their cabinetry. No complaints so far!

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 6:53PM
joaniepoanie

My kitchen cabinet company offered JB as one of their higher end brands and the owner spoke very highly of them. I considered them, but went with another brand which was less and also having a sale. I don't think you will be disappointed if you select them.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
Kitchen Cabinet pricing - what would you do?
I had had a few quotes done for my kitchen cabinets:...
petralikesyoga
Really want to improve my kitchen layout…
I was hoping to get some ideas as to how to layout...
lisakro
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™