My term is over!!!

fran1523June 12, 2012

I've been president of my quilt guild for two years and last night was my final meeting. It's so good to have that responsibility behind me. They gave me a big basket full of fat quarters, patterns, notions and other goodies. I haven't even taken the time to go through it yet. Since I'm moving this summer, I probably won't even take the time to unpack it, just throw it in a box and move it with everything else.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Fran, congrats on finishing your term! Our officers are elected for a year at a time, but you can serve 2 years consecutively. I'm in my first year as treasurer, though I did 2 years several years ago.

I would never volunteer for any of the non-elected positions. Those poor ladies end up being in charge of whatever it is FOREVER! Our guild is 30 years old and I think the lady who has been chairing the grant committee has been doing it almost from the beginning.

Donna

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 9:25AM
magothyrivergirl

Fran~Congrats on selling your house. Did you find a permanent place to move?
A 2 year term as President for your Guild is a long commitment ~ I'm sure you are happy to be done! Perfect timing for you to be able to concentrate on moving. The basket sounds very nice - it will be a nice surprise when you finally have the time to open it and play with the fabrics and 'stuff'. You may find you need a break from all the packing to enjoy this thoughtful gift. I hope you get settled soon, and we see you at Retreat!

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 9:31AM
toolgranny

Congratulations. I know you went into that position with some hesitation but I know you've done a great job because that's just how you are. You've served your time. Now go do something for just yourself.

Where are you moving to?

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 9:58AM
K8Orlando

Fran, I see how hard our guild officers work - and how much 'stuff' they put up with. Kudos for taking it on and congrats on completing your two years! Our program chair has announced that this is her last year, after several years of finding speakers and demos, and she seems thrilled to be done with it.

Kate

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 10:17AM
jennifer_in_va

Congratulations!

We turned over our board/committees last night too. Our terms are all one year, but our outgoing pres. just finished 2 years as well. The fringe benefit of being a president in our guild is a bed-sized quilt! Hers was done in an Asian theme with kimonos, fans & window blocks done with oriental fabrics.

I've stepped into the VP position for the 3rd time now...I'll be in charge of that quilt for our new president TRISH (whom some of you know from Retreat).

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 10:49AM
jennifer_in_va

Congratulations!

We turned over our board/committees last night too. Our terms are all one year, but our outgoing pres. just finished 2 years as well. The fringe benefit of being a president in our guild is a bed-sized quilt! Hers was done in an Asian theme with kimonos, fans & window blocks done with oriental fabrics.

I've stepped into the VP position for the 3rd time now...I'll be in charge of that quilt for our new president TRISH (whom some of you know from Retreat).

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 2:12PM
tuppermom

Our turnover will be on June 25th. I have been co-librarian for 4 years now so have stepped down. Our presidents also do a 2 year term and we will have a new president next year. Our outgoing president is also receiving a big basket of "stuff" . In past years we made the outgoing president a quilt but Judy is a very prolific quilter and is very much into art quilts at the moment. Her favorite color is blue so everyone has donated all things blue. Fabric, trims, buttons, etc, etc, etc! I am sure we will see our little bits utilized in future projects!

Congratulations on the completion of your term and on finding a new home!

Mary

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 5:42PM
More Discussions
First & Second completed quilted table runners I made...
This is the second one I made... I made this for my...
shihtzu4su
I'm new here and sharing my quilts
Hello, I'm new to your forum, but not new to sewing....
craftylady
Jamestown Landing ready to quilt.
I got the top done and loaded onto the frame. I am...
jackier123
Need advice on batting and a little help with Houzz
I have only made two quilts, both small ones, and have...
donna_loomis
Are you quilting this weekend? March 20-22
I hope to spend a lot of time in my sewing room this...
lindaoh_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™