Pebble Fina looks terrible

ebleavyDecember 5, 2012

Hello! Our pool was finished a week ago, with a Pebble Fina grigio finish. It looks awful! Not blue as we were told, but concrete grey. Splotchy and stained. They did a hot start, and we've been brushing diligently. Rep insisted hot start would even things out, but no improvement. Until this the pool was looking gorgeous and we were so excited, but now I look at it and want to cry. Would like to know from folks here whether there's anything to be done, because we no longer trust our PB to give us a straight answer. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
womanowned

What part of the country are you in? Are you sure you received Pebble Fina by Pebble Technologies and not a knock-off product? One week into it is still too early to tell. It could take a month before the true finish is revealed.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 8:41PM
poolguynj

I would also add that the water, from a distance is blue. The finish, the surroundings, and time of day will all play a part in the hue and intensity of that blue. By and large, the blue comes from the sky's color.

Your description is a bit vague to me. What is it about the color that you don't care for? Is it the water or the actual bottom that you don't care for? What expectations were set?

As womanowned mentioned, a week is a bit soon to expect the final color. I have some additional questions that are very related to this. Has the pool been fed it's chemicals so that it's balanced? Has the filter been running? Are you caring for the pool or is the PB? How are you testing the water?

Scott

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 5:00AM
vinnyv18

I'm sorry to hear of your problem with your Pebble Fina pool pool finish. I almost used them for my pool, but chose to go with National Pool Tile instead. Their ColorScapes pool finish looks great in my pool. They help me out so much and everyone was very helpful and nice. I went with the Sandstone pool finish. It looks absolutely amazing. Check them out.

Here is a link that might be useful: ColorScapes

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 11:49AM
natural_one

Dont regret using Pebble Fina over ColorScapes. In my long time building opinion, you are dealing with a bette product with a better company behind it.

With that said, sounds like you may have received a bad workmanship job. Splotchy and stained is a concern, but is inherent in any colored plaster....to what degree is the question.

Can you post pics?

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 4:59PM
peter1959

i also have some bad looking pebble fina that was installed a few days ago - grigio with lots of dark grey stains and swirls. brushed, ran the filter and let the PB take care of the chemistry but i fear the pool is always going to look like its dirty. i wouldn't do it again.

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 11:30PM
More Discussions
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™