Can you ID this sweep

dalehilemanDecember 9, 2010

Fourteen years ago the former property owner had left me a basic pool sweep that gave me 4 years of service before crapping out whereupon I replaced it with a Polaris 380, partly because it used the same booster. However the latter sweep was expensive and having many more moving parts proved somewhat unreliable but difficult to repair and because it's on its last legs I would like to replace it, possibly with its simpler predecessor

I'm not sure who made it or whether it meanwhile might have been discontinued. Like the 380 it had a swishing tail and was propelled by a rear jet but had no wheels nor leaf bag. Even so one advantage was unlike its replacement the rear jet was slowly rotated so as to ensure a more nearly random path

Its tail kept the bottom clean by reducing settlings to a size carried away by circulation, remarkably enough even sand and small rocks. Do you happen to know if it's still on the market and if so who makes it

Thanks all

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
renovxpt

Maybe it was an arneson pool sweep. They used to have an upright booster pump that was compatible with the polaris.

Bookmark   December 9, 2010 at 2:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dalehileman

Thanks Ren while a quick Googling seems to indicate this unit is out of production. Also from the diagram it appears to sit on the bottom though the unit I remember was free to climb the sides, with the whip coming out its rear end

Bookmark   December 10, 2010 at 12:10PM
More Discussions
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™