Silk Batting?

K8OrlandoJune 13, 2014

Has anyone tried the silk batting yet? It's expensive, but it's supposed to have nice drape and be very lightweight. I'm thinking it would be good for a Florida summer weight quilt. A quilting friend led me into temptation by showing me it was on sale at Connecting Threads, so I ordered some last night. Resistance was futile.

Kate

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mlweaving_Marji

Oh no, is it still on sale? I'm heading to a meeting in a moment (deciding on setting colors for our guild's opportunity quilt), but I really want a silk queen size batt to hand quilt my Baltimore Album.
I've seen a whole cloth quilt that Harriet Hargrave did, and I can't remember if she used silk or all wool batting, but the drape was soft and light and wonderful. Silk is supposed to be a dream to hand quilt. I want to try it too.

Between our build(which still isn't done) and my dad's illness requiring my travel to FL twice in the last month, I haven't been on this forum at all. Is it too late to enter the paper-pieced blocks for the LOTTO? I got the fabrics picked and the papers printed - need to get them pieced. .... time, I need time.

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 8:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K8Orlando

It's still on sale! 30% off! (No, I don't work for Connecting Threads.) See the link below.

You have until the end of June to submit block(s) for the 2nd quarter paper piece lotto. I understand about time constraints! Hope you can find time to enter. If you can't get your entry mailed until the end of the month, let us know and we'll hold off on the drawing for a day or two.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Silk batting on sale until 6/16

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 9:17AM
More Discussions
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™