Which heat pupmp to choose

blueye583December 20, 2010

We are just starting our pool build and we need to choose a heat pump. The pool builder has offered the Aqua pro 1300 for $3900, or the Jandy EE 2500 for $4400. We have also looked into solar but the solar company said we are not a good candidate for solar. The solar company has offered a heat pump as well,they have suggested the Rome 130 TI for $3995 plus the cost of electric to install. Does anyone have any experience with any of these or any input as to which is the best choice for us. The pool will be about 14,000 gallons. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bruce_poolguy

I build pools and have done a few Pentair Thermalflo heat / chill pumps, which are not any more costly. They heat (in the winter time) and they cool (for those hot summer months). They are very reliable, easy to operate and come with Pentairs best service people, if ever needed.

Bookmark   December 23, 2010 at 5:52PM
racket

I have a great deal of experience with both the Pentair (ultratemp, stay away from thermalflo) units and Aquacal. They both work as advertised with a very low failure rate.

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 2:21PM
poolguynj

Aqua Comfort is also worthy of consideration.

Scott

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 3:41PM
just-a-pb

I have put in quite a few of the Ultratemps, and have had no issues, and good results. Best of my knowledge Pentair doesnt sell the Thermalflo anymore, only the Ultratemp now. That doesnt mean there is not one on somebody's shelf somewhere.

Bookmark   December 25, 2010 at 12:07AM
More Discussions
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™